Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We're not calling them resolutions.

Things I want to do in 2012:

Finish the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

Read the Hunger Games series. Before the movie comes out.

Make strawberry jam.

Make some of these cute reusable grocery bags. Or these.

Find a new comforter for my bed. Possibly redecorate my room.

Organize my jewelry.

Cook and bake and have fun in the kitchen. Find at least 6 new recipes to make regularly for my family.

Get hooked on Mad Men. (Thank you Netflix!)

Give up something for Lent. Something really difficult. Like chocolate. Or sugar. Or Pinterest. Or Words with Friends. (I know, that last one had me laughing too. There is NO WAY.)

Write letters to people I love telling them why I love them. Real letters. That you send through the mail and not electronically. I know, right?

Make these bookmarks.

Start Christmas shopping early. Like in July.

Make a calendar of Items To Do each month. Things that need to be cleaned, organized or made.

Go to San Francisco with Ken and Dee.

Save money to buy myself a Le Creuset French Oven in Fennel.

Make these flowers.

Give up Grey's Anatomy.

Write more. Not just here, but finish projects I have been working on.

Get the kids' pictures taken. Nice ones.

Make more of an effort to spend time with our parents.

Figure out a way to grow herbs.

Get rid of a bunch of stuff I no longer want/need/use.

Forgive. Get over it. Move on.

9 comments:

chandy said...

I couldn't bring myself to finish the Dragon Tattoo series. I got half way through the third one and just couldn't get to the end(which is strange for me). But Hunger Games.... That series rocked!!

And Mad Men.... oy. I'm so in love with that show. Have you started it yet? It's the most beautiful show ever. (And not just Jon Hamm. Everything about it is beautiful to look at.)

Chris said...

I wanted a Le Creuset for years and could never justify that kind of back for a pot. I ended up buying a Lodge for around $60...the thing is great. Do yourself a favor, if you are without one, buy a Lodge and then if you think you still need to spend 6x that on a le creuset, the londge will hold you over.

Chris said...

Oh, and I couldnt get past page 60 in the first dragon tattoo book

Chris said...

This is the 6 qt.: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Color-6-Quart-Dutch-Island/dp/B000N501BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327464307&sr=8-1

And this is the 7 1/2 qt: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Color-7-5-Quart-Dutch-Caribbean/dp/B0039UU9U4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1327464307&sr=8-4

DutchMac said...

You can pretty much skip the whole first chapter of the first Dragon Tattoo book. All you need to know is the guy gets in trouble for publishing information that's not true because he was set up. Really not important to the rest of the book, and explained later anyway. Don't get stuck on trying to pronounce the Swedish names either...also not important. If you have a chance to find the original Swedish movies (subtitled is better than dubbed), watch those. They're fantastic! I'm looking forward to the hollywood versions, though just to compare.

Med Men is fantastic....but it may take a few episodes to click with it, so don't give up right away.

These sound like great ideas. Can I steal a few? I'll totally give you credit for them ;-)

Happy non-resolutioning! (totally a word)

for a different kind of girl said...

I haven't finished the Dragon Tattoo series. Read the first two and just still can't get myself to read the last one. Maybe I will...maybe before the next season of Mad Men starts in March!

(but I doubt it!)

I have a lot of these same resolutions. I especially want to get nice photos of my boys taken since I've not had any professional shots of them made in about three long years. Thankfully, I have a friend with a great eye and a camera and a willingness to help out, so that, but not the book, stays on my list!

Lo said...

April....I have a surprise for you.....I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.......see my blog, "It's Always Something. Congratulations. Lo

Akannie said...

Dang--and I thought it was just me!! It's taken me since Christmas (when the Irishman gave me the book) to get 1/3 of the way through Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I usually finish books in 3 days tops. Sometimes less.

Happy new Year anyway!!

Murr Brewster said...

Sounds like you could fold the last two resolutions into one.