Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Is anyone still reading this crap?

Hello?? Is anyone out there?
.
Do you remember me? I'm April. I used to write stuff. You guys would come here and read about my life and kids and that guy I'm married to. I would tell you random stories about my daily encounters with stupid people. I talked about shoes. A lot. And food. I like food. And Daniel Craig. I made fun of people pretty regularly. It was some good times.
.
And then I got really busy with my kids and my job and my extracurricular activities (ie, Pinterest and Words with Friends) and I stopped writing as often. And then I just stopped all together.
.
And then I missed you.
.
I got really grumpy because I wasn't channeling my creative juices properly. But I had a lot to say and not the right words to say it. You know? Are you feeling me? Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
.

Honestly... I think I got a little depressed. Gasp.
.

I know. Shocking.
.

But in the last few months I have experienced some MAJOR changes. All without medication.

So here is what has been going on....
.

Ubes and I moved. Downsized. Majorly.
.

Ubes and I discovered we have a lot of shit.
.

Ubes and I vowed to stop buying so much shit.
.

Ubes and I became eternally grateful for our amazing friends who helped us move. (Bud, Diane, Brooke, Jovina, Erin and Kim. We love you. Thanks for helping us with all of our shit.)(Yes, we have a friend named Bud. How bad ass are we?)
.

I switched jobs. Same company. Different job, different boss. The jury's still out on that one.
.

Ubes and I went on the Cruise of Awesomeness with 13 friends. Fun times were had by all. There was dancing. There was karaoke-ing. There was a lot of eating (three words: bacon mac & cheese). There was laughing. Someone broke their toe. Someone did the white man's overbite. A lot. It was definitely awesome.
.

Ubes and I went to Colorado for 6 days to train at a brewery. It was by far one of the best vacations we have ever had. We are in full force pursuit of our dream. It is both scary and exciting.
.

I closed the door on a 20 year friendship. It was heartbreaking. But it was the best decision for me at this time in my life. I harbor no hard feelings and wish this person nothing but the best. But this relationship was not bringing anything positive to my life. It hurts to let go of history like that. But a friendship shouldn't be such hard work. People grow apart. People change. Maybe it was me. But if I don't think you are a positive contribution to my life, then I am certain I am not a positive contribution to yours. It sucks. But sometimes it's necessary to weed the garden. There are some weeds that look like flowers. But the stems are full of thorns. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
.

My oldest son is taller than I am. He wants to be an architect. I have a hard time distinguishing the difference between his voice and his father's.
.

My middle child won his school's spelling bee. And an award for outstanding character. And showed me how to work my new iPhone.
.

My daughter lost one of her top teeth. This weekend she will be the flower girl in Ubes' youngest cousin's wedding. She has announced her official retirement as a flower girl. She wants to go out on top of her game. She is also asking Santa for silver sequined Uggs. And please Santa, no knock offs. She may be eight, but she's not stupid. Mmmmkay?
.

And we're all caught up. I'd like to write more often. I'll see what I can do.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I am here! I enjoy reading about your adventures. I hope everything turns out well with the new position and new boss at work.

Adn the iPhone!

Paula said...

Yay! Glad you are back. I have missed your eloquent writing, and your intriguing adventures!

I totally get the 'too much shit' stuff. My parents moved last year after FORTY-TWO YEARS in the same house. They left two storage buildings full of shit, and at least half the cabinets/closets full of shit and don't miss it a bit (my brother is now 'curator' of the shit they left behind as he is living in the previous house now).

My son and his new wife cruised for their honeymoon. He says I really must go on one (and I am in full agreement. I am hinting that he take me for my bday next year).

PS. I really like shoes and food too!

WILLIAM said...

I still read. I sit at my computer shirtless and read.

Lo said...

Glad to see you back. I have missed you. Keep writing!