Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Perspective

Email from me to Uberman:

So today started out awesome. I had an obscene call as soon as I sat down. This guy wanted me to talk about different products we offered so I asked what type of product was he interested in. He said "Just tell me about my options." So I start talking about the differences in personal and business and he starts going "Oooooh, oh. Oh. Oh." So I stop. And I knew something was not right. So I said "Sir, what are you looking for? Specifically." And he says "I'm just looking for something that sounds good to me." Weird right? But it's 5:00 in the morning and I am still not fully awake and these east coasters are odd ducks, so I start talking about products again and he starts with the "Oh" noises and so I stopped talking again. And he says "Oh no, don't stop." So I told him he was making me uncomfortable and I hung up. I feel like I need a shower. So how is your day?

Reply from Ubes:

My day is worse. I just got a call from a telemarketer. Asking about my internet. I feel so violated.

4 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

LMAO! That's pretty gross though! Talk about spicing up the morning :)

WILLIAM said...

I love calling banks in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I hear you....I used to work a crisis line, and EW - the freaky callers were regulars. It was nice to work with someone, so we could have a little laugh about the pervs. and not get freaked out by it.
Caroline

Brahm (alfred lives here) said...

Welcome back... and gawd I want to try that cruise food!