Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More stuff you probably didn't know about me but is further proof I am a weirdo...

I like to eat Red Vines at the movies. Only I just don't eat my Red Vines like a normal person, I tie the end in a knot and bite it off, and then tie the remaining piece in second knot and eat that. And I have done it that way for so long, I don't even realize I am doing it. But I can't eat licorice without tying it in a knot. Life would be so much easier if they sold the Red Vine in a knot form.

I hate wasting stuff. If I buy something, like a new brand of toothpast or lotion, and I hate it, I will continue to use it until it's gone because I don't want to waste it. I think that's why I tend to be pretty brand loyal about stuff. If I try something new, it's a big deal.

I'm anal about the recycling. No really. If I see something in the recycle that doesn't belong, I freak out. My kids are notorious for putting paper plates in the recycle. They don't get it. "It's paper," they say with a confused look on their face. Oy vay. And vice versa with seeing something in the trash that can be recycled. I freak. Like that one bottle in the trash is going to make a difference. But who knows. Maybe it would.

I feel uncomfortable when I am out in public without earrings or painted toenails. Yet I have no issues with not wearing make up.

I will never ever ever drink a non-diet soda. Because I am 100% convinced it will cause me to gain 10 pounds. I have no issues with eating pizza, chocolate, or just about anything that has been deep fried.

I don't like Hershey's kisses. Unwrapping them is too much work.

My feelings get hurt when someone stops following me on Twitter.

Whenever I take napkins from a dispenser in a restaurant, I grab as many as I can. I'll take a giant stack 2 inches thick. I don't know why. It might be the mom in me. But I don't throw them away if I don't use them. I have lots in my car and the entire top drawer of my desk is full of napkins. I'm a napkin hoarder. But I'm also an anal recycler (which sounds a lot weirder than I thought it would) so it makes it okay.

5 comments:

Lo said...

You are NOT weird! Eccentric, perhaps......but aren't we all.

I am right with you on red vines (but no knots and I prefer Twizzlers) and I applaud your no-waste policy, the napkin grab and the need to recycle. You are fine.

Chris said...

I like you more after reading this. I too am a twizzlers over vines person.

Chris H said...

VERY interesting April... yep you are anal! lol ... sadly I am too over many things.

DevilsHeaven said...

I'm as confused as your kids, why can't you recycle paper plates? Did you know that that TP rolls account for 35% of landfill waste?? I recycle those and the paper towel rolls now too. I hate digging them out of the trash because my hubs is not yet on that bandwagon. Speaking of my hubs, he is a napkin hoarder too!! I find them EVERYWHERE. Kitchen, livingroom, our BEDROOM, and of course THE WASHING MACHINE. Very annoying after they've gone thourgh the spin cycle.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Unwrapping those kisses probably takes as long as tying up the licorice! ;)