Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Look out your window. You might see a flying pig.

So, I hit a wall with the weight loss.

Actually, I am totally lying. I jumped off the weight loss wagon. I feel the need to be honest since I have been watching a whole lot of Celebrity Rehab lately.

(Totally off the subject but OHMYGOD isn't it wonderful to know that no matter what there is always someone crazier than you are out there? Am I right? Hell to the yeah.)

So anyhoosies, where was I again?? Oh yeah, weight loss.

Oy vay. I have struggled with weight since I was about eight years old. Since then, I can not think of a time in my life where I have not been thinking about how much I weighed or how I looked in my clothes. How sad is that? Even more sad, I don't think I know anyone, especially a girl, who is not thinking of her weight most of the time. Sick. Sick, sick, sick.

Today I have started a new approach to Fat Camp. I'm old. My metabolism is not as cooperative as it used to be. I need to buckle down and push myself. I would love to not be thinking of my weight most of the time. I would love to be comfortable with what I weigh and how my stomach looks while I am in a seated position. Will I ever get to this level of comfort? I don't know. Are any of you at this level? Anyone??

So I am making a huge sacrifice to the Fat Gods. Are you guys ready for this? Are you sitting down? Are you holding on to something secure so you are not BLOWN away by this announcement?

Ready??

I have given up Diet Coke.

I'll give you guys a minute to let that sink in.

I know, right?? This is HUGE. (That's what she said.) Now keep in mind, today is just day two of no Diet Coke. And it is only 8:30 in the morning. But one day at a time, am I right my friends? My goal is to give it up for at least a week. And then if I make it through the week without killing anyone, I'll go another week. And so on and so forth. I've also given up my beloved vanilla coffee. I'm doing plain coffee with skim milk. Blech. But I need the caffeine. And I am drinking a lot of this flavorless, clear liquid called "water." Have you guys heard of it? It's okay. Not a huge fan, but I can deal with it. Because I am not a quitter.

I mean, other than jumping off the Fat Camp wagon. But I am back on, so give me a break, okay? Sheesh.

Wish me luck. And pray for those near and dear to me. I'm actually a little scared for them.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I went to the store to buy my weekly supply of diet Cherry DP and as I looked in the cart and saw 5 (yes FIVE) two liters of soda it kinda sickened me. I obviously have a problem. Could you imagine if I lined up all I drank in a month?

I'm WAAAAYYY too addicted to give it up though. It like makes me crazy to actually think of it! Good luck with you! Keep us posted how it goes!

chandy said...

April!! Me too!! I gave up the DCs 8 days ago, and I can honestly say I haven't even missed them. I thought it would be way harder, but it was just like a switch went off and I was done. I enjoy some iced tea now and then when I'm not in the mood for any more water. Go us! Seriously, if anyone has Coca Cola stock, it's time to dump it now!

Good luck! You rock!

Leigh Leigh said...

Can I just give a "what-what!" to the H20? Seriously, as a pregnant lady, my OB says I need to drink 10-12 glasses of water per day (as if 8 isn't hard enough) and I have felt so much healthier because of it. Some days it's hard and granted, I probably only have the will-power to drink water even when I don't want it because I have this life inside of me to support, but I hope and pray the water-drinking trend continues after he's born.

You can totally do it! I have no doubts. Drink decaf tea instead with a teaspoon or two of sugar (it's only 15 calories a teaspoon).

Go April, Go April, Go GO GO April!

Lo said...

Hi, darling.......I am 84 and I have finally been able to give up worrying about my weight....after about 75 years of dieting. In fact, I have been enjoying this for the past 4 or 5 years when I decided to eat whatever I want for the rest of my life. It is wonderful and I have not gotten any fatter. (of course, 75 years of dieting has shrunk my capacity so I just can't eat as much as I used to, but what the hell.....)

Hope this will comfort you somewhat.

Chris said...

I knocked off 30 lbs recently and feel way better but I didn't do it without great, and I mean great sacrifice.

The diabetes monster is trying to knock on my back door and I can't have that - so I gave up almost all processed sugar and I exercise at least 30 minutes every day (I haven't missed a day since October 9th of last year).

It about making lifestyle changes, even gradually and sticking to them without any compromise. It sucks sometimes - but for me, I just decided that living longer and hopefully healthier would outweigh the costs (for me and my kid).