Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm walking on Sunshine, Whoa Oh!






My friend Chris at From a Whisper to a Scream was kind enough to think I am worthy of this award, which is just about as sweet as you can get. I always say I can't believe people actually stop by to read my endless ramblings, but oh well. I mean I did read three and a half of the Twilight books so who the heck am I to judge what other people read, right?




So here are the rules of this award, and we all know how I am a rule follower when it suits my needs.....




1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.


2. Tell us something about yourself.


3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.


4. Let them know that you awarded them!




THANK YOU CHRIS!!! I enjoy the way you write, I enjoy the way you view the world and I enjoy that you are a Yankee fan. I look forward to having a beer with you in person some day!




So now I have to tell you something about myself. And it's usually hard to come up with something totally new that I have not already talked about, because let's face it, I am not that interesting. But there is something I have recently discovered. Are you ready?? Okay, here goes....




I am pretty sure I am psychic.




Yes. I know that is a lot to take in. But hear me out.




Ubes has this friend from Germany. We'll call him Gunther. Gunther owned a business here in Arizona. He was studying for his citizenship test. He paid taxes. He contributed to the community. But he was stupid and let his work visa lapse. So a several months ago he was deported. We had not heard from him in months. Sunday night, I had a dream about him. I dreamed he was trying to get a hold of Ubes, wanted Ubes to write a letter on his behalf to help him get back to the USA. Monday while I was at work, Ubes sent me an email saying he just got a Facebook friend request from Gunther. I was all, "WHOA. That is weird." And then Ubes says "He asked if I would write a letter to help him get back to the US." And my mind was officially BLOWN.




I am not doing private readings or anything yet, still waiting to get a handle on my gift. I'll let you know how it goes.




Now for my nominations.....




I gotta start with my girl Sue. Sue is my soul sister. I love her and her many adventures! Thank you Sue!! Thanks for making me smile!!




Chandra - My real life buddy, fellow new beer lover and working mom. You are a doll! I heart you!




Dried on Milk - Stacia tells it like it is. She just had her second gorgeous baby. Go say hi, I am sure she would appreciate you stopping by.




Travis - Who will think this award is super lame but that makes it funnier to nominate him (You don't have to nominate anyone, Buddy. All the eye rolling you are doing right now is gift enough for me.)




Dutch Mac - An American girl married to a Brit boy, raising babies in the Netherlands. What's not to love about that?




Bogart - One of the first blogs I ever read. He had just moved across the country to be with the love of his life. Now they are married. And they just had a baby. It will fill your heart with joy.




And last but certainly not least, Raia, my BFF for almost 20 years - Raia is going through a lot of MAJOR changes in her life. Show her some love. She deserves it.




And there you have it. I know right, three posts in one week??? Can you handle the awesomeness?? My psychic ability says YES! You can!!




Have a fabulous weekend Party People!!




2 comments:

DutchMac said...

What? I get a shout-out on your Blog of Total Awesome-ness? Kick arse! (it sounds less like swearing that way) Right back atcha, Your Royal Highness!

Chris said...

This made me smile