Monday, April 18, 2011

7 Day Challenge - Day 6: 7 Places I have been

I have been so lucky in my life to have travelled to a lot of fun places. I've been to Europe three times. I've been to some fun places in Mexico. I've been to Canada. I've been to the Caribbean. I've been to some amazing places within the United States. I've been everywhere, man.

And I have been to some really uneventful places too. So I thought it would be more fun to talk about those, because they get less press. So here's my list and some tips on where to go and what to do when you are there. Enjoy yourselves.

1. Tooele, Utah. (Pronounced by the locals at "Twella" but probably supposed to be "Too-el-uh.")(Or if you are trying to be funny, you pronounce it Tew-lee. Because people who have been to Tew-lee have a sense of humor.) This adorable little town is on the edge of the Great Salt Lake. It's a pretty cute little town, especially in the fall. . My mom's whole family is from there so it's full of crazy people. If you are looking for something to do, you can always go to the Wal-Mart. That is if there's no rodeo scheduled that day. Make sure you have a crispy meat burrito at Taco Time, super yummy. And call my Aunt Nellie so she can cook you dinner. The best place to eat in town, I guarantee!

2. Gila Bend, Arizona. (Pronounced Hee-la Bend) Seriously the armpit of the universe. Save your hate mail if you are from there. This is my opinion. By far the most depressing town I have ever driven through. The only thing to do there is stop at a gas station to pee. It sucks.

3. Wilmington, Delaware. (If you can't figure out how to pronounce this one, we have more problems than I can help you with here.) If Gila Bend is the right armpit, Wilmington is the left. No offense. But Wilmington sucks. I was there for three days on business in 1995. Three days way too long.

4. Overton, Nevada. Where I spent my first few years of life. And then I left. Now there's no reason to ever go there. Unless you are looking for someone to play horse shoes with you. In that case, it's a town full of contenders.

5. Black Canyon City, Arizona. And we all know how this one ended. Get gas there. And then get out.

6. Erda, Utah. Right next door to Tooele. Make sure you attend during Erda Days. I think you can actually chase a greased pig for a prize.

7. Kingman, Arizona. I would avoid this town all together. Everyone who comes from there is crazy. Timothy McVeigh anyone? Hello?? I mean yeah, it's got that whole Route 66 thing going, but is it worth it? I think not.

Tomorrow - Seven things I do every day.... Are you guys sick of me yet?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, I've been to Kingman! I was visiting my cousing in Phoenix and we (eventually) drove to Vegas but en route, stopped in Sedona, the Grand Canyon, some odd city near Kingman where my cousin's in-laws were living a the time and where we spent the night and survived, and then Kingman - so now you know.

Raz said...

I like all these '7 Things'! And I definitely like the tips on where not to go.

My boyfriend and I are probably going to spend a summer in the US next year, so at least I can cross a few places off.

diamond waches said...

9u