Wednesday, April 13, 2011

7 Day Challenge - Day 1

Hello Lovers. Still working on my overrated/underrated actors list. I am taking this thing way too seriously. Which is hilarious because I gave Travis the HARDEST time about the process he went through to create his list. I think I may have even called him "crazy" and "anal" and "ridiculous." But not to his face, of course. I mean, I don't want to hurt his feelings. But the dude is a weirdo.

My friend Chris is doing this on his blog so I thought I would steal from him shamelessly. So thanks for the inspiration Chris, and you know I am not just talking about this Meme. This is a 7 day challenge. That's right people. 7 posts in 7 consecutive days. I am committed! Day 1 is a list of 7 interesting facts about me. I kinda feel like you guys know everything there is to know, but I'll try to come up with some new stuff....

1. Right now as I type this to you I am on my lunch break at work and I'm sitting at my desk doing an albuterol breathing treatment. People look at you funny when you are smoking a bong at work. Leave it to me to make pneumonia fun!

2. I get dressed in the dark every day because I leave the house by 5:30 and I don't want to wake up Ubes. So two weeks ago after being at work for 3 hours I went to use the ladies room and realized with sheer horror that I had grabbed the wrong underwear and for the first time in almost 20 years my bra and underwear did not match. I was uncomfortable the rest of the day. I mean what if I got in accident?? How was I going to explain that to the paramedics? Or, gasp! What if I was totally unconscious and couldn't even attempt to explain it?? I could hardly function until I made it home safely.

3. I may or may not have a teeny tiny bit of obsessive compulsive disorder.

4. When I was 7, I had a MAJOR crush on Robert Urich. I got to see him in person at an event in Las Vegas. He saw me staring at him and came up to talk to me. I started to cry. He bent down and asked me what was wrong and all I could do was wail "I don't know! I just love you so much!" And he gave me a hug without making me feel stupid. I was only 7, but I was pretty sure we were going to get married. When he died in 2002, I cried again.

5. I am 30 pounds from my goal weight. And I just got an amazing haircut. I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm pretty hot right now.

6. I'm comfortable with my confidence.

7. I'm a little embarrassed I told you about Robert Urich.

Tomorrow.... 7 friends and how I met them. Oooh it's gonna be a good one!

5 comments:

chandy said...

When I look at him though, all I can think is what a schmuck that Jake Spoon was. Certainly no Augustus McCrae.

Lo said...

Dunno who Chandy is talking about, but I adored Robert Urich and think of him mostly as that incredible detective and indefatigable, sensitive lover, Spenser.....whatta guy. I cried when he died too.

I love what your 7 old self said to him!

Chris said...

Oh boy, this is going to be fun :)

kristen s said...

Holy cow, April -- I was in a hurry to get dressed the other morning, and grabbed a bra and undies without looking, and I almost had to call you, it was so bad.

OK, so I'll set the scene for you: I've been going on hikes most mornings to try to get within somewhere near MY unreachable goal weight, so I've been throwing on ugly workout clothes just to get the kids off to school, then going on my hike, then coming home to shower so I look presentable while I eat my bon-bons. Well -- the bra and undies I grabbed were SO bad (leopard bra with blue and white checked undies. I KNOW!) that I was CERTAIN the whole time I was out that THIS was the day I was going to be bitten by a rattlesnake and cute firemen would find my dried up, chubby corpse in my unmatched underthings in the desert and judge me. I've never walked so fast yet so cautiously in my whole, entire life. Thank goodness I made it home safely so the only one I had to offend with my unmatched set was my dog -- and I've heard they're actually colorblind so maybe the only thing offensive to him were the clashing patterns... and my big ass...

And Robert Urich was HOT!!! I totally agree!!!

Jessie said...

I didn't know Robert Urich died!