Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guess who's on vacay???

So I totally planned on doing NaBloPoMo again this year and I blew it. But I have a good excuse. I am currently in Amsterdam!!

We left 10/28 for Berlin and were there for three days before moving on to Amsterdam on 11/1. Day after tomorrow we head to Brussels. We are having an incredible time with Dee and Kenny. The "that's what she said" count is in the high thirties and I have only almost peed my pants four times.

In other news, I have lots of items to check off my bucket list. I feel very lucky. And lucky to be alive. Amsterdam is a straight up freakshow, y'all. I have almost died at least 7 times. No joke. Either by train, crazy bicycle rider, freakishly steep-ass stair cases, or abnormally uneven cobblestone streets. I am certain I will meet my death in one embarrassing way or another.

And even worse, I'll die with bad hair. The weather in Amsterdam is drizzly and cold. My fine, limp hair is not amused. And I feel frumpy enough. The women here are beautiful!

Oh and did I tell you I almost slipped on a used condom in the park? Yeah. That happened. Totally want to burn my new boots. And possibly even my feet. At least the bottoms. They'll heal, right?

I promise to upload photos when I get home. I can't do it now because I am stupid and don't know how. Oh how I wish I were kidding.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! LOL

DutchMac said...

Sorry we weren't able to arrange a chance to meet up, but I hope you're having a great time in my little corner of the world!

I know what you mean about the cyclists .... live here long enough and you become one of them, ashamed as I am to admit it. But I'm not sure I can agree with you on the 'beautiful women' thing. Most of my girlfriends and I agree Dutch women must not own mirrors, otherwise they'd never leave the house looking the way they do. Maybe the beautiful creatures you're seeing are all the foreign tourists.

Ik wens je een gezellig en prettige vakantie!

Caitlin said...

The levels of jealousy going on over here are ridiculous. I am so glad you guys are having an awesome time. I LOVED Amsterdam!! I had such a great time there. Granted I was in college so maybe my perspective was a little different...!

Bring me back something French!
(Never gets old)

Jessie said...

I MISS YOU! This country is just not the same without YOU in it! Come home!

Chris H said...

You super lucky tart! Well... except for the condom. Freaking IKKKKK on that.

Bogart said...

You should be careful whenever you use bucket list and Amsterdam in the same post...makes one wonder!

WILLIAM said...

Your are back now right?

How was the beer?

Coffee Bean said...

You are hilarious! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!