Monday, October 4, 2010

Freaks

For some reason, I lost my mind last week and agreed to come in to work at 5:00 AM for the next two weeks. I know, right? That means I am getting up at 3:30 in the morning. 3:30. That is the middle of the night. But it's just two weeks. Right? Hello? Someone please make me feel better about my psychosis.

So do you guys want to hear about the weirdness I encountered yesterday? I stopped at Circle K for my morning dose of heroin refreshing and economical diet beverage. Now keep in mind it is before the butt crack of dawn, right? And it's a Sunday.

So I am standing in line behind this guy. He's older, maybe late 40's or early 50's. He's tall. His hair is a little disheveled but it is early in the morning on a Sunday so who the hell am I to judge another person's grooming, right? He's buying a 44 ounce beverage, a coffee, a newspaper and a gallon of milk. Typical Sunday morning convenience store purchases.

But when he gets to the counter to pay, he also asks for a Penthouse magazine.

Wow. That's a little gross at 5:00 in the morning, right? On a Sunday? It's not just me, is it? I mean I guess I never thought of purchasing a nudie mag so early on the Lord's day, you know?And now I don't even want to know what's up with the gallon of milk.

Fast forward 15 minutes later, I am in the dark parking lot at work getting out of my car and guess who is walking into the building?

Penthouse with a side of milk.

Awkward.

He works here. In the same building. On Sundays.

And he wasn't carrying the milk. So I ask you friends. Where is the milk? What is up with that?

People are weird.

7 comments:

WILLIAM said...

His milk is in the ice chest he keeps in his car, along witht he severed heads of people he findsa t the Circle K at 3 in the morning.

DevilsHeaven said...

Dude, that is all kinds of wrong. Did he recongize you???
You so have to findout what department he works in, and the avoid it like the plague!!!

Kristi said...

Well, it sounds like he certainly had a productive Sunday at work!

print girl ink said...

lol that's just funny...

Coffee Bean said...

Oh my gosh! That is hysterical. By the way... ummm... stay away from him!

Sue said...

I am still, sadly, stuck on the part where you describe him as "older, maybe late 40's or early 50's..."

You've got me feeling ancient!

Ha!

April said...

Sue! I meant older like older than me. Not some young kid. I think that would have made this whole experience less weird. People OUR age are not supposed to be buying penthouse at 5:00 am on a Sunday morning. That's more of a Friday night purchase. Wink wink. :)