Monday, August 9, 2010

I totally don't want this to turn into a weight loss blog...

So I am about to leave for the big WW. Or Fat Camp. I think we'll call it Fat Camp just to make it sound more fun.

My friend Kim is going with me. And she is like my most gorgeous friend. So I'm a little bitter about already not being the hot chick at Fat Camp. I was really looking forward to having that going for me, but whatever. I guess I should just be thankful for the company, right? At least I won't be Lonely Fat Chick at Fat Camp, right? So thanks Kim! I love you!

And just to let you know, I stripped off all my jewelry, except my wedding ring because who are we kidding? I don't have the time or butter to get it off my finger when I need to be there in thirty minutes. I am also wearing a t-shirt and hideous cropped sweat pants because they are light and I can breathe in them. And I just know Kim is going to show up looking gorgeous with her wild curly hair and beautiful blue-green eyes and angels will sing as soon as she walks in the room. Note to self: Call Kim next week to remind her to look ugly for Fat Camp.

I really want some Pretzel M&M's right now. And I totally have some. Downstairs. On the counter. Taunting me with their deliciousness as I walk by. But I'm not going to do it. Because what I want more than Pretzel M&M's is to not be fat anymore. And to stop losing buttons off my pants. And to breathe in my clothes again. And to not die of a heart attack/diabetes/chicken bone choking related death.

And to wear leather pants some day.

Cross your fingers and toes I don't break the scale.

9 comments:

kate said...

this is awesome. way to go you. good luck!

Andrea said...

I hope you guys have as good of a time at you can at WW. It is always easier to do anything with a friend...when Kim and I lost weight together, I lost 25 pounds...of course, I have 21 of them back, but hey, I was motivated at the time. :) Good luck!!

Karen R said...

Too bad I can't be there with my cheerleader skirt and pom poms to root you to victory! Why, the laughing alone would make you drop 10 pounds. Just remember that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. And it's all about choices, not deprevation. And keep in mind those before and after pictures of people. I do. They alway look so terrific "after." So, here's to your beautiful "after." You don't need no stinkin' M&Ms.

chandy said...

"chicken bone choking related death" HA!

See, I think if you can approach something as horrible as dieting with a sense of humor, you are destined to succeed!

Remember, diet coke has zero points and you can chew as much gum as you want.

Jessie said...

You are the hot chick there, I'm sure of it.

Also, you can do it. At my Bunco in February I'll only have healthy food to snack on. And I'll provide lot's of iced tea, since I don't drink Diet Coke any more.

You can do it, girlfriend.

Caitlin said...

I kept meaning to comment on your last post, but as usual, I am behind on everything.

1) Being on your feet all day makes a huge difference (no pun intended). Chef Z gained 20-ish pounds when moving from Hawaii to DC and going from regular 12-14 hour shifts on his feet to just a few hours a day at most.

2) It doesn't matter because I think you're gorgeous and lovely both inside and out. But you deserve to be happy and I completely understand. You know I do. If I were closer I would go to WW with you.

3) I'm currently reading Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth (which I heard about through friends, and not through Oprah though I understand she loves this book too but WHATEVS), and I HIGHLY recommend it. HIGHLY. It is life changing, truly, and that is not even hyperbole. Every page strikes a nerve.

Love ya stinkin' guts.

Chris H said...

I am sure you didn't break the scale... did you? lol

WILLIAM said...

Good for you. I am down 28 lbs since May.

怡屏 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債..................................................................