Sunday, July 18, 2010

Why?

So a couple of days turned into a week, which turned into another couple of days and then another week. I took an unplanned vacay from blogging. Sue me. But in other news, my bedroom is clean and for the first time in 3 years there is not one unfolded piece of laundry anywhere in this house. You would be amazed what you can accomplish when you walk away from your computer. I will be back on Monday, I promise. But until then, here are some questions I have been pondering. Maybe you are too?


. . . Why can't my children go at least one entire day without feeling the need to harass and antagonize each other?

. . . Why does everyone at Circle K at 6:00 in the morning look like a crack head? OHMYGOD. Do I look like a crack head at 6:00 in the morning???

. . . Why do they even make the white crayon?

. . . When did it become okay for guys to wear black socks with shorts and why wasn't I consulted on this decision?

. . . Why does every song in the top 200 on iTunes suck right now? (Except Mike Posner's Cooler Than Me, I am so addicted to that song I want to snort it or main line it or marry it or something.)

. . . Why are donuts so delicious? And why do I crave them when I am trying to watch what I eat because I can actually hear myself getting fatter every day?

. . . Why is it that just when you think you are going to have a surplus of money one month, you inevitably have an emergency that requires large amounts of money? And why are stupid things like tires so expensive? It's not like you can show them off. "Hey everyone, look at my new tires!"

. . . Why am I still typing this when I should be getting ready for work?

7 comments:

DevilsHeaven said...

Why are stupid people allowed to have free rein about the world???

Moderate Means said...

White crayons are for writing inappropriate comments on Easter eggs before dipping them in the dye ;)

Stacy

Stacey said...

Why does your hairdryer come with a warning label that warns, amongst other things, "Do not use while sleeping"?

Karen R said...

I like your new background. Also glad you're in a job you really like. Makes a huge difference, I know!

Chris H said...

Nice to see you back.
Now go to work!

WILLIAM said...

black socks and shorts is coming back. Yes!

Raz said...

People keep bringing donuts to where I work as a promotion. I swear I've put on like half a stone since I've started.

Sweet sweet donuts, how could I ever hate you?