Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Thoughts - Ping Pong Ball Style

I spent the day hanging out by the pool with my girlfriends and all 170 of our kids. This being off work thing is pretty frickin' awesome. Except my right leg is super sunburned. Just my right leg. Like I was smearing sunblock on and left out my whole right leg. Almost one fourth of my body. Yeah, I don't get it either. The bad news is I actually have a blister on my shin. A blister. And now I am probably going to get skin cancer and die. Which is super inconvenient. Because I have plans, people. I got stuff to do, ya know?

I start the new job Monday. I will be in training for the ENTIRE summer. But I did receive an email today with my post-training schedule. I will be working four ten hour days with Thursday, Friday and Saturday off. I am psyched. This means I will get to consistently volunteer at the kids' school next year. One of the major bummers for me as a working mom is not being as involved at the school. So this is almost the best of both worlds.

One of the kindergarten moms made each kid a DVD with pictures from the entire year set to music. It was so lovely. And Boo has watched it at least a bajillion times. We watched it right away when we got home from the last day of school. I'm not gonna lie. I cried. I can't believe my baby is going to be a first grader.

While we sat on the family room floor in front of the TV, she stretched her little leg out and rubbed the top of my foot with hers. "My foot loves your foot," she said. I felt my heart burst at that moment. She's a joy.

I have been so busy this past week and a half that I haven't accomplished anything I wanted to with my time off. So I am staying home the next three days to get everything done. Wish me luck. It is quite the to do list.

My Google Reader is stressing me the flip out. Every time I log on, it reminds me I have like 389 unread posts. I don't need this kind of pressure. I don't need Google Reader giving me anxiety. I am thinking of not using it anymore because I am so stressed out about it. I don't need the computer to make me feel like a failure. I can get on the scale for that kind of a beat down.

Oh, and I am officially boycotting Perez Hilton. And you should, too. I am SICK of him talking SHIT about Arizona and the immigration bill. Calling it ridiculous, racist and unconstitutional. Encouraging famous people to boycott our state because of it. It is not ridiculous, racist or unconstitutional. It is an exact restatement of the federal law that is already in place. If I go out of this country, I am expected to carry my passport at all times. I can be stopped in another country for ANY reason and asked to show my passport. The immigration bill specifically says in ALL CAPS that a person CAN NOT BE STOPPED FOR NO REASON. So you know what Perez? You don't live here. Mind your own business and shut the eff up. You have obviously not read the bill. Read the bill! And don't you dare call me a racist. When my husband and children are MEXICAN. Not Hispanic. MEXICAN and proud of it. Now if you will excuse me I need to climb off my soap box, delete you from my bookmarks and Google skin cancer. Thank you and good day.

10 comments:

Chris H said...

I just cleared my Google Reader list... by only commenting one one post per person! That took me over 3 hours! I do get stressed out about it... silly really when there are lots more important things to get stressed out over!

Heather said...

I hope other states follow Arizona. If I say anything else, I'll start on a full blown rant and this is neither the time or the place...

Have a fantastic day!

DevilsHeaven said...

What is Google reader????
I love you on your soap box. Seriously.

Jessie said...

I can't tell you how relieved I am about your stance. :) For a second there I wondered where you were going to come down on it.

And personally, you on your soap box is kind of fun. Me on my soap box can be down-right nasty...

I'm so glad for your new job. And to be able to volunteer at the school. Sounds like pure blessing to me. :)

Trisha said...

That right leg . .. I think it just repells the sunscreen to mess with you. Congratulations to Boo for making it through Kindergarten. So many people underestimate how stressful that grade can be (;-))

As for your rant - I am right there behind you waiting for my turn on the soapbox. I am so tired of this "racist" thing. The only reason more Mexicans are targeted than - say - Swedish people is that more MExicans are crossing into our country and living her illegally! I am sure that if a Swede was found to be here illegally, he/she would be shipped back to Sweden so, why shouldn't the same happen to the illegal Mexicans?

Besides, there IS a way for them to enter the country LEGALLY!

Karen R said...

Want to know what Arizona should do about California boycotting them over the immigration bill? Shut off their damn water. Yessirreee. Cali is in a drought and AZ should shut their azz down. Just my opinion.

Annah said...

My foot loves your foot? Waaaaah. Cutest thing evah!

meowmomma... said...

April,
I don't remember how I found your blog, but I just have to say I'd like to adopt you. I love you! And for the record, THEY; you know, (whoever THEY are!) say, that skin cancer comes from the burns early in life so you do have a while to wait before it develops! Just don't scratch it getting up and down from the soapbox!

hugs,
j

俊達 said...

Use a book as a bee does flowers. ............................................................

Raz said...

My uncle used to blister from the sun all the time as he's alive and well. So basically get back out there and get cookin'. Don't you want a tan?

Also, my Google Reader gives me nightmares. Last time I logged on it said 1000+ because I have loads of football feeds at the World Cup had sent it crazy. I nearly fainted.