Monday, June 7, 2010

More Random Thoughts - (I'm a lazy blogger, I'm aware!)

Started the new job today. It went pretty well. Honestly I was just thankful to be there. My background check didn't clear until Friday morning. Yeah, three days ago. And if it didn't clear by Friday, I wasn't starting until it did. I was sweatin' it, Bro. But it cleared and all is right with the world. Yay!

Ubes and I spent the weekend doing yard work. We thought we would be all frugal and awesome and rent a rototiller for the lawn and poof! Fresh and clean yard! Wow were we stupid. There was a whole lotta sweating and shoveling and raking and weed pulling and griping about jacked up pedicures. Okay so the complaining part was just me. Ubes did most of the raking and shoveling and weed pulling and didn't complain at all. He just raked and shoveled and wiped his brow and asked me if I was staying hydrated. The man is a saint. I don't know how the hell he puts up with me.

Are you going to judge me if I tell you I can hardly wait for the premier of Big Brother in July?? I know. I'm sick.

It's hot. Like hot hot. I'm hot. I go outside and I can feel my makeup melting on my face. That is not a good feeling. I don't enjoy it. I really don't enjoy the feeling of my heels sinking in the pavement either. Gooey mascara is fixable. Tar on a stiletto is not.

Saw Sex & The City 2 with my MIL, SIL, Ubes' cousin the Teacher, and her mom the Principal. It was okay. I'm glad I saw it, but it wasn't as good as the first. I'm going to see it again this week with Raia. I asked Ubes if he wanted to see it with me and the conversation went like this:

Me: Want to go see SATC2 with me?
Ubes: HELL NO.
Me: Why?
Ubes: Because I'll probably get my period and then what are we gonna do?

His good looks will one day fade, but he will keep me laughing forever.

Anyhoo, my favorite part was where Charlotte and Miranda were talking about how hard it is to be a mother. Duuuuuude. I teared up. I have so been there. Even now, I constantly feel guilt about working. But this is what I have to do to help my family right now. And even if I didn't have to, I would still want to. And I don't think I should be made to feel guilty about that. I get sick of the whole Working Mom versus Stay At Home Mom. We are all moms. We should just be there to support one another through this journey. Let's stop the stone throwing ladies. On both sides of the fence.

On a completely different note, I want to give a shout out to my Bunco girls. I know I tell you guys all the time how lucky I am to have these women in my life, but really, these words do not do justice to my feelings for this group of girls. Last week we ended the evening with some seriously personal discussions. I left that night so thankful that we all feel comfortable enough to talk to each other about that stuff. I love these girls! Every one of them! So Erin, Brooke, JDubb, Kim, Wendy, Diane, Amy, Katie, Flint, Mary O, and Becky - Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Thank you for telling me the truth instead of what you think I want to hear. Thank you for being my friend! I love each and every one of you so much!

And I'll leave you with that. Looking forward to tomorrow, my first actual in class training day. Funny how you can already tell who is going to irritate the hell out of you, huh?

Peace out peeps....

9 comments:

惠萍惠萍 said...

you always know the right thing to say!............................................................

WILLIAM said...

Good luck on the new gig.

Stacey said...

Ubes is amazing. If I complained while doing yard work, Scott would just turn around and go play XBox inside, leaving me to gripe alone in the yard.

I also saw SATC2 on Saturday! I hoonestly liked it better than the first one! And that part with Miranda and Charlotte made me tear up too...it's so true! Best part of the movie. Well, until Aiden showed up looking all tan and hot in the spice market. And I forgot what I was going to say next...

Trisha said...

Isn't it wonderful how great our hubbies can be? Ubes is one of the good ones to be sure!

Hey - I can't wait for Big Brother to start either!

kimchad143 said...

I am so happy that your background check cleared in time and that you were able to start the new job! I know you will enjoy the new job, I can't imagine it could actually be any worse than your last one:) Thanks for being such a great friend and just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and will pray for a great week.

Love ya!

Jessie said...

Thrilled you got to start your job yesterday. I was thinking about you. Can't wait for the stories to start rolling in! :)

Also, mommy-guilt sucks. And we all have it. We are moms and will always feel that we are insufficient in some way and that because of our choices our children will be lucky if they don't come out of childhood with major psychotic issues...oh, maybe that's just me.

Andrea said...

I am so excited for Big Brother too! Last year, I even got James to watch it with me since he was home with his broken foot.

Yeah for the new job!! :)

chandy said...

To heck with mommy guilt...I decided I wan't going to participate in that anymore. I don't worry about what a bunch of other moms think about me, and instead I decide to believe my kiddos when they hug me and tell me I'm the best mommy in the whole world.

We might not be perfect, but we must be doing something right!

(And training classes...ugh. I'm about halfway through a 6 week class that meets on SATURDAYS fercryinoutloud.... I picked out the irritating people on day one and sure enough, they've been a major pain.)

The Maid said...

Hi friend!

Thanks for the shout out...and including me as one of your bunco friends you like. :) (Since technically I haven't been there for two months!)

Geesh, and I am sorry to have missed the "personal" deep discussion. :( One of my faves.
I like people in my world to be real...glad to know the dice girls are those people!

Congrats on the new job...really. And quit worrying about weight, mommy guilt, etc...you are beautiful and you are more involved in your kids lives as a working mom than some people I know are who stay at home! :) You are still queen. ;)

And lets be real for a moment...even though I stay at home, most of the time I WISH I was at work...or in bed. LOL

Love you...
Becky