Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fly

I have been thinking a lot this week. I know, totally unusual for me. But I've had quite a few light bulb moments.

I take a lot of things for granted. I mean overall, I am very thankful for the wonderful life I have. I appreciate the people in it. I try very hard to say thank you and to tell people I love them. But sometimes, I don't see what's right in front of my face, you know?

I'm one of those people who needs closure. And if I can't have that, then I want the last word. I know, I realize how annoying I am. I realized this week that I need to let some stuff go. I need to just get over it. I can't change other people. I can only change me.

Everything I have done in my life, every decision I have made or road I have taken, has brought me to this place. To where I am now. Instead of carrying with me all the wrongs that have been done to me, I need to be thankful for the outcome. I need to appreciate the things I have learned. I need to grow stronger from those moments of weakness.

The only thing keeping me from going forward is my resistance to move. I need to get over my fears. Drop the stuff weighing me down. Let go and just be free. Sure there will be hurdles along the way, but I have the ability to jump. And it gets easier the more you do it, right?

I guess I will just have to see. But I am ready. Ready for whatever comes my way. Ready to fly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Closure is good....letting go even better. I love your blog - you sound a little crazy - but I think we'd get along well :)
KV

Heather said...

It's alot easier said than done. After all, it's about the journey, not the destination.

WILLIAM said...

"The road to the past is often littered with missed opportunities and regret. If you start to travel that road you are likely to trip over them."



Huirdle jumping does get easier. Everyday.

DevilsHeaven said...

Let me know if you manage to do all that, because I have the same issues. I just finally let go of some stuff from high school a few months ago.
How lame am I??

Moderate Means said...

Excellent posts.

For me, it isn't the closure or the last word, but I have to be very careful to let grudges go. I forgive easily...but forgetting is much much harder. Definitely something I need to work on!

And, I love that you have a label for epiphanies! I'm going to go read the other ones now!

Stacy

meowmomma... said...

April,
I'm sorry you're struggling with something. This is really a deep thought blog for you since I've been visiting. I too had an "issue" but blogging about it and letting it go have given me freedom from it. It was consuming me when I would do mindless tasks like vacuuming and stuff ~ now, I'm free! If you'd like to read it, it's Final Judgement on my blog.
Freedom to you ~ Independence Day is coming you know!!!

Judy