Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What I'm doing with all my time

I am not sure if any of you have noticed, but I haven't been blogging lately. I know, shocking. And it's not that I haven't tried. I sit down at the computer and stare at the blank screen. Sometimes I type a few words.... And then I usually take a deep breath, rub my hands threw my messy hair and exhale slowly. And then I get up and go do something else.

What something else, you ask?

Well, hmmmmm.... Let's see.....

  • I go watch TV
  • I clean my kitchen
  • I look for a new job (and I am not sure if you guys have heard the news but ZOMG we are in a recession and unemployment is at an all time high and THERE ARE NO JOBS...)
  • I throw in a load of laundry
  • I complain to Ubes about how miserable I am at work
  • I stare into space
  • I plot the demise of evil doers
  • I have deep conversations with Junior about the demoralization of society
  • I talk on the phone to all my peeps
  • I worry
  • I fret
  • I eat Snickers with Almonds
  • I color with Boo
  • I look up cheap European vacations on various travel websites (Dudes. Why is the train in Europe so freaking expensive? Am I doing it wrong? Who wants to help me with this?)
  • I complain to Travis about how miserable I am at work
  • I read all of your blogs
  • I read Perez Hilton and wonder who the hell Snookie is
  • I read reviews on all the books I want to read but don't
  • I complain to Raia about how miserable I am at work
  • I revise my resume
  • I revise my cover letter
  • I watch my kids ride their bikes
  • I search Netflix for unknown independent movies that will make me think
  • I wonder how a 40 year old woman can act like a stupid air headed high school cheerleader and still think she is charming
  • I have deep conversations with Mac about how much it sucks to be ten years old and the middle child
  • I avoid folding the laundry, mopping the floor and/or organizing the office
  • I count the days until I get to see all my girls at Bunco (which is tomorrow night! Woot!)
  • I play Bejeweled
  • I think about Sandra Bullock and wonder how she didn't know her husband was such a great big ginormous douche box
  • I read the new Arizona immigration bill
  • I catch up on Twitter
  • I complain to total strangers about how miserable I am at work ("Hi Ma'am, did you find everything okay today?" No I most certainly did not. I am looking for a new job. So as soon as you start stocking the shelves on aisle 12 with kick ass new jobs sans narcissistic, bulimic, sociopath managers, you will have my loyalty. Until then, NO I DID NOT FIND EVERYTHING OKAY. MMMMKAY???)
  • I wonder why I am no longer allowed in grocery stores
  • I wonder if I will ever get my groove back. I miss the old me. The fun me. The glass half full me. And I hope I find her soon....

12 comments:

chandy said...

Wanna do happy hour sometime? I just think some wine is a great idea.

Diane said...

I miss you April! Can't wait until I see you tomorrow night. I will be the one who totally wins...HAHAHA!!

Heather said...

I hope you find her, too. It's so damn easy to get lost...

DevilsHeaven said...

I know how working with idiots can suck the life out of you. You just h ave to remember your world is bigger than your job, and there are people out there who aren't mouth breathers.
If that doesn't work, I usually focus on how glad I am that I'm not them.

Gladys said...

There is a book I read when I was still working called Working for an Asshole. It was very enlightening and made me feel so much better. It in fact got me through the last year of my employment for him. Then I quit and realized that he wasn't as big of an asshole as I thought he was just a scared and insecure. Also and too get pro-active. Is there something you are really good at that you love? Can you make a career from it? Can you consult or freelance at something?

I have learned it's perception. You change the way you think about something it changes everything.

Good luck and have fun at Bunco

Jessie said...

Chandra's right. I like wine. Wine helps everything look a little bit cheerier... :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

If the glass is half empty but still has a little Peppermint Martini left, I think you're just fine.

Or wine. Chandra and JW are also on the right track.

Chris H said...

{{{HUGS}}}
And eat more snickers bars.. they are delish!

Catherine said...

Hey so glad you are following me! Come over to the dark side with me and we will fix that glass situation. Love you xoxox

Lauren said...

April, you are hilarious. I always laugh when I read your blog and frankly I don't think many people are all that funny!

How do you get readers? My blog is like church on a Friday night. No one's there.

DutchMac said...

Um, hello??? You're freaking out about European travel options, and you haven't yet contacted your handy-dandy personal travel agent for help? What the H do you think I exist for, woman?!

Drop me an email and let me know what you want ... I'll figure out something damn clever for you.

Jennifer M. said...

Lol. Sounds like my life.