Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I think someone may have found my blog....

Guess who has two weeks off PAID until she starts her new job??

You guessed it. This girl right here. Turned in my notice Friday and they happily showed me the door. Not that I am surprised. I'm just disappointed that they would rather pay me for two weeks, inconvenience their customers and other employees, and be short staffed, than have me be there to finish out. Whatever. They can suck it. I'm just super pissed I didn't get the last word. I hate that.

But the good news is I have two whole weeks to hang with my girlfriends, organize my house and be a domestic diva. My kids' last day at school is Thursday, so I get an entire week home with them before I start my new job. I am psyched.

In other news, my daughter graduated Kindergarten today. I was a mess. I sat there, watching her sing her songs and smile and wave at us and I was so overwhelmed. My baby. The sweet little girl I prayed and prayed for. Time has gone by so quickly.

I mean don't get me wrong, I am happy for my babies. Next year I will have a first grader, a fifth grader, and (gulp) a seventh grader. Seriously. What the eff? How did this happen? It used to be just me and Ubes. Living by the seat of our pants. Going out to dinner and the movies all the time. And now... We have these three amazing little people to love and protect and worry about and laugh with. It's crazy.

And speaking of crazy... Some ten year old little skank asked my Mac out on a date. A date people. She asked him to go to the movies. What is wrong with parents these days? What are they teaching their children? What kind of ten year old girl asks a boy out on a date? I don't know about you guys, but when I was ten I was still playing with dolls. But then again there was Jim Stoddart. I remember thinking he looked like Han Solo. He was so foxy with his Tuff Skins and bowl hair cut. Wonder what ever happened to him??

Never mind. That's not the point. The point is some skanky ten year old asked my baby out on a date. Thankfully he was completely grossed out and politely declined.

"And then what did you do?" I asked him.
"And then I went to the bathroom to throw up, what do you think I did?" he shot back.

Oh Jeez. I am totally looking forward to the next two weeks.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Huge congrats on the new job April! You rock!

DevilsHeaven said...

Ok, so, now I feel bad about myself, because seriously, I had ALL KINDS of MENS when I was TEN. And now I know I was a skank. I had an OLDER MAN who had, um, FAILED a few times, who took me to get ice cream after school.
Who knew I was on the same path as Jenna Jamison??
Thank god all THAT stopped when I hit middle school. Who knows where I would be by now?????????????

Chris H said...

Woo hoo... enjoy your two weeks paid holiday!

WILLIAM said...

Thenew look is cool. Congrats on the new job.

Who found your blog? Did I miss something?

The Maid said...

William...

I think April means that "someone may have found her blog" because they gave her two weeks off with pay...maybe because of her previous post telling "Barbie" to kiss her ass. :) (See how nice I am April? I left out the cottage cheese part.)

Is that right? Do I win a prize?

0612ConsuelaC_Hovey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

I absolutely LOVE your new blog layout!!! Very royal!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

How am I just reading this post now? I'm so behind in my blog reader...

So you have one more week off. When do you want me to come help you bulldoze the office? I'm really open. And really willing. And will be REALLY PUSHY if I have to!!! I'm tellin' ya - take advantage of my free time, girl!

Jennifer M. said...

Lol - well, their loss. And you get 2 weeks paid vacation now!! ;)

That's cute about your son too - pretty soon he'll be asking the girls out!