Monday, April 12, 2010

Tooth Fairytales

My Mac lost a tooth last week. When I came home from work he was sitting on the stairs with frowny face.

"What's wrong, Buddy?" I asked him.

"I lost my tooth," he said.

"Well that's good! You've been working on that one for a while," I said, giving him a hug.

"But it broke in half," he sighed. "It's probably not worth anything now. I am not sure if the Tooth Fairy will leave me any money."

"I am sure she will," I reassured him as he melted my heart with his big, sad brown eyes. "Just put it in your Tooth Fairy Pillow and see what happens."

"Okay," he said sadly.

He walked back upstairs, his shoulders drooping in despair. I turned to walk to room and kick my shoes off when I heard Junior, who had been standing at the top of the stairs listening to the whole broken tooth sob story.

"Dude," he said to Mac. "You know it's Mom who puts the money in the pillow, right?"

"Ssshhh!" Mac shushed him loudly. "What are you doing? Don't spoil it for her."

The Tooth Fairy left him $5. But she is on to him. And she wants that money back when it's time for braces.

8 comments:

DutchMac said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

DevilsHeaven said...

Oh, that is adorable!!!! Momma's boy!!

Trisha said...

So fun that the kiddos don't want to ruin it for YOU!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh no he didn't! Wait, I wonder how I justify the lying if WE do it, but not when the kids turn it around on us - ???

H said...

Hahaha thats the cutest thing ever!

Caitlin said...

Oh, Apes. i just adore your children.
Give them to me.

Sue said...

That was SO sweet!

明宏明宏 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................