Thursday, April 1, 2010

Plan B

Boo: Mommy, do you ever get coupons for shoes?
Me: Ummmm... I get coupons for stores sometimes. I could use them on shoes. Why?
Boo: Because my friend Hannah got some new shoes and they're Skechers and they're called Twinkle Toes because the toe is all sparkly and some of them light up and they are so pretty and now I want some too. And Hannah said they were forty four dollars which is a super lot of money but her mommy used a coupon so they didn't really cost forty four dollars, they were less but she wasn't sure how much because she couldn't remember and there was this thing called tax and stuff.
Me: (blinking)
She: So?
Me: So?
She (exasperated): So can I get some Twinkle Toes?
Me: We'll see.
She: What does "we'll see" mean?
Me: It means maybe.
She: Oh.... Hmmm..... (reaches for the phone) Does Granny's number start with a six or an eight?
Me: An eight. Why?
She: Because you said we'll see. So I'm thinking I need a plan B.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Smart, smart little Boo.

Karen R said...

Oh, that is priceless! She's one smart little girl!

DutchMac said...

Is it scary because she's too clever for her age, or because you realize she's like looking into a mirror? :-)

Trisha said...

That is one Savy little girl!

Chris H said...

I like Boo's thinking! She is one clever girl.

DevilsHeaven said...

That is the BEST!!!! Smart girl.
At least she presented the idea of a coupon.