Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am suffering from ADHD today. Could be the sugar intake....

Today I ate a Snickers with almonds. It was almost a religious experience if you get my meaning. Wink wink. Nudge nudge. I know. I have an unhealthy relationship with snack foods. Yet I will probably eat another one tomorrow. And it will be the best part of my day. And yes I am totally aware of how pathetic that sounds.

I have a new nemesis. It's the crossing guard at my kids' school. I know every morning she waits for my car to approach her little lines of safety just so she can throw her stupid red octagon up in my face as if to say "Ha ha!! I have the power!" All He-Man like. (Except I am pretty sure he didn't say the "ha ha" part. But my memory could be fuzzy.) She thinks she's all cool with her stop sign. She obviously knows I am in a hurry and finds pleasure in delaying me for a few minutes while she assists a group of the slowest children on the planet across the street. I see her. I watch how she lets everyone else by. But as soon as she sees me, her face lights up. She knows I won't plow her over. But oh, I am thinking about it.

My favorite Chinese food restaurant has closed. Let's all take a moment of silence in memory of their AMAZING crab puffs.

Today at work, our oldies radio station was playing "What's Love Got To Do With It?" I happened to mention that I was in the *cough* eighth grade *cough* when this song came out. My 20 year old coworker eyed me with pity. "You probably don't even know who Tina Turner is," I sighed at him. "I know Tina Turner," he spat at me. "She's the one who got beat up by Bobby Brown. Right?" Oh to be young and stupid again....

Today at lunch I had a phone conversation with my BFF Raia. We were talking about really personal stuff. Things you don't say out loud, even to the people you are closest to. And for a brief moment, I actually felt like a real grown up. It was an amazing moment in my life. I can't explain it, but I know I will cherish that conversation forever. I love you girl. I am so proud to have you as a friend.

I have an unexplained fascination with Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars. I know he looks a little like Uncle Fester, but there is something about him.... I need therapy. I'm aware.

I spent the entire week thinking I had bunco tomorrow night. Only to realize bunco is the first Thursday of the month and tomorrow is the last Thursday of the month. So I have basically spent the entire week being a moron.

So how is your week going?

5 comments:

WILLIAM said...

The oldies station in Philly played Steve Winwood "Higher Love" I went to see him in concert when that song came out.

Lo said...

I too am a Foodie who worships at various edible shrines.....not only do I understand the Snickers ecstasy but my heart breaks for your lost Chinese restaurant. OOOOh. I hate it when that happens. And all the other places which dispense garbage stay in business. Sigh.

Kristi said...

Hey don't feel bad - I frequently spend the entire week being a moron! Embrace it, it's kind of fun!

Also, that crossing-guard must be a witch, because she's at MY kids' school too! And she's especially evil when I'm in an extra hurry!!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I think March had a couple of extra Thursdays in there because it felt like this should have been a Bunco week for me, too.

Your "Letter to Steve Nash" is on the background of this comment screen and I feel like he's staring at me. Are his eyes actually going in two different directions to accommodate all of the cameras taking pictures of him that day?

I wish he would stop staring at me. Man - and I thought I had wide-set eyes!!!

ParisH said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE.................................................