Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Glimpse: My Week

Yeah. So....What's new?

I'm not going to make excuses for myself. I haven't posted in over a week. Thought you might like to see what I have been up to. So here is a glimpse....

The smartest thing I did this week -
 Kept my mouth shut. I know. I can't believe it either.

The dumbest thing I did this week -
Snapped myself in the face with a rubber band. Don't ask. My job is straight up dangerous, yo. Like working on an oil rig or deep sea crab fishing. Or bottle feeding kittens.

My favorite song this week -
Hot Mess by Cobra Starship

Most ridiculous telephone conversation I had this week -
Me: Thank you for calling [Bank of Awesome], this is April. How can I help you?
Caller: Um, yeah... Where are you located?
What I wanted to say: We're on the corner of Get on Your Computer and Google Map It.
What I actually said: We are conveniently located on the south west corner of [Such & Such] Avenue and [This] Street in the [Fancy Overpriced Grocery Store] Plaza.
Caller: Wow, that's like really far. I need one closer.
(Long pause)
Caller: Hello? Are you still there?
What I wanted to say: Unfortunately yes.
What I actually said: Yes I am.
Caller (exasperated): Well, do you have a location closer to me?
Me: I am sure we do. Where are you??
Caller: Oh. Sorry. I guess you need to know that.
Me: It can be helpful.

Funniest conversation I had with one of my kids this week -
Me (poking junior in his big dimples): Junior, does it bother you when I do this?
He (laughing): No, you've always done that.
Me: So when you're really old -
He: Like 45?
Me: Um. Yeah. Old like 45.... Will you still let me do it?
He: Yes. Well . . . if you're still alive.

Weekly example that I am the greatest mother. Ever (actual email sent to teacher) -
Dear Mrs. Fourth Grade Teacher,

Mornings are crazy in our house. Are they crazy in yours? I mean I am a screaming psycho in the morning - "Get your shoes! Comb your hair! Where is your lunch? We have to GO!!!" I am always in a hurry and rushing the kids out the door.

Unfortunately, in my rush out the door this morning, I failed to sign Mac's folder and left it sitting on the counter. He tried to tell me, but being the incredible attentive mother I am, I shooshed him and pushed him out the door. (Gently of course.)

So please forgive him for not bringing in the folder today. He was very worried about missing recess and it is all my fault. And also, please make sure you spell my name correctly when you nominate me for mother of the year.

Thank you and have a fabulous day.

Biggest bummer of the week -
My iPod is stuck on shuffle. Usually I keep it on shuffle, but I think it's just pissing me off that I can't un-shuffle it, you know?

Most awesome thing to happen this week -
Made it to round two of interviews for a new job. Thank you Jesus. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

So that's what I have been up to. What have you been doing?

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys, my BFF Raia started a blog! Check it out here and give her some love. Peace out.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness.

I LOVE your letter to Mac's teacher. That is priceless, and if I were her, I'd have it framed!

You ROCK sister!

Enjoy the rest of your week.

By the way, all fingers are crossed for you to find a new job. My Hubby is (as I am typing this) in his second interview for a new gig too. I can't even begin to tell you all the body parts I've got crossed for that to go well!

Sue said...

PS - that was me that left that last comment...I apparently was signed in using my "big girl" email, not my normal one...

April said...

Ha ha SUE!! I was like "Who is this Susan? She seems awesome!" So funny!

Andrea said...

I am so happy you are alive! I was missing you and your ability to make me smile no matter what kind of day I have had. I will be praying everything goes well with the new job hunt and may have to borrow your email to the teacher for my own kids...it's better than anything I could write.
Hope you have a great weekend!!

WILLIAM said...

Bank of Awesome...really?

Trisha said...

Such a fun post! I love that "ordinary" things which happen during the week can be so much fun when looked at them in retrospect! Here is to hoping my week looks fun that way . . . eventually!

Chris H said...

Hee hee. I too would get an award for best mother ever!
Loved your post, made me realise I too am not abnormal.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優