Saturday, December 19, 2009

10 songs that make me want to shake my Jingle Bells....

(Can we start this post off by acknowledging that yeah, I have not posted in a week. I'm aware. I am not dead or missing or kidnapped or trapped underneath a pile of wrapping paper and ribbon. I'm actually, as usual, going about my days with my head up my ass trying to ignore the fact that it is Christmas and I have a hundred million trillion things to do. But it's so cozy up there.)

So where were we?? Oh yeah. Songs that make me want to shake my Jingle Bell... (Please note: Some of these are bad. Like embarrassing bad.)

1. "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey - I know. Did you not read the note above? But I can't help it, I love this song and I sing along at the top of my lungs. And it is amazing, there is something about being alone in my car that helps me hit those high notes. I am incredibly talented.

2. "Last Christmas" by Wham - I know most of you hate it. But I think it's magic. And that's all that matters.

3. "12 Days of Christmas" by Reliant K - Just so you know, I only like this version. This song is freaking annoying, but I like this band's spin on it.

4. "Jingle Bells" by Frank Sinatra - Mmmmm love me some Sinatra. I love this peppy version so much that I can even forgive the fact that they spell the words Jingle Bells. Normally I am not a fan of songs where spelling is involved, I find them insulting. But Frank can do what he wants, I'm not gonna argue.

5. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin (I also like the Rod Stewart/Dolly Parton version) - I know this song has nothing to do with Christmas, but that's really the only time we get to hear it. And I love it. It makes my heart happy. 

6. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Ronnie Spector & Darlene Love - I don't know why I love it so much, I just do. Okay?

7. "Please Come Home for Christmas" by Jon Bon Jovi - Not a huge Bon Jovi fan, but I think this song is sweet and I like the retro feel of it.

8. "Let it Snow" by Michael Buble - Yes, I love him. I'm a sucker for a crooner.

9. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis (I like both)  -  I love this song and I always want to hear it when I am Christmas shopping. It's like that song that you want to hear to get you through the last few minutes of your workout. Or so I hear. Anyway, it gives me that burst of energy I need to get it all done. It's like the musical version of a Red Bull for me.

10. "The Christmas Waltz" by Harry Connick, Jr. - Oh how I love this song. So much that last week I listened to it on repeat all the way to work. It's so beautiful.

So those are my songs. They don't have to be yours. And if you want to read The Boy's hilarious, explicit, anti-Christmas song post that will make you laugh your Jingle Bells off - click here.

5 comments:

gothamgirlchronicles.com said...

Well thank god we finally have a post. I was having withdrawals. Gotham Girl

Karen R said...

I love all those songs as well. Good luck finishing up. I had intended to do it yesterday, but here we are today and I still have last minute things to do. Oh, and color my hair too. And make chocolate truffles. And clean the house.

Chris H said...

Yep, there's some lovely songs in your list. HAPPY CHRISTMAS CHICK!

Bogart in P Towne said...

Do you wear clogs when you winter dance to these songs?

Just wonder'n.

DutchMac said...

Although I am firmly in the 'Mariah Should Be Silenced ... Permanently' camp, I too am a huge fan of 'All I Want For Christmas'. I try to get around that contradiction by preferring to listen to the 11-year-old girl from Love Actually sing it. And the little drummer boy's face during that song is absolutely priceless.

Hope you're getting to enjoy plenty of the songs you love this season!