Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pancakes.

Oh glory hallelujah. Today SUCKED. I mean supremely sucked. The perfect example of the upper echelon of suckage.

Working in a bank, you see good and bad. You get to see how excited people are to buy a house, to start a savings for a new baby, to get a fresh start. But you also get to see how badly this economy is breaking people down. I saw a grown man cry today. And I couldn't help it. I cried too.

In the past few days I have had several people tell me they have a lot going on in their lives. They have a lot to deal with. A lot on their plates. Guess what? We all do. Every one does. We're all busy. We're all struggling in some way. We're all just trying to make it to the next pay day, to the next phase, to the next month, to the next moment when we can sit back and say "This is good. This moment right now. This is what good feels like."

So today I want to think about what I am thankful for. I know I make these lists a lot. And I am sorry if I repeat myself. But today I need to remind myself to think about what is good. Why I do this. Why I get out of bed every morning. Why I keep going.

I am thankful . . .

. . . for a husband who gets me.

. . . for TiVo, which allows me to escape.

. . . for a baby girl who draws me pictures and tells me I smell like oranges.

. . . for an older son who makes a sandwich for his sister's lunch every morning. And makes her popcorn for a snack when they get home from school.

. . . for a middle child who reads books to his sister and tells me I'm the best cook ever, even when I just make him a box of mac & cheese.

. . . for my mom, who will always take the kids for the weekend so Ubes and I can have a hot date.

. . . for my MIL who is always up for an adventure.

. . . for garlic. I know totally random but what would my life be without this?

. . . for one of my clients who owns a smoothie shop and every once in a while, brings me my favorite strawberry banana.

. . . for The Boy, who makes me laugh and makes the work day go by quickly.

. . . for Gracie, my FIL's dog who is always excited to see me.

. . . for hot chocolate in my Tinkerbell mug.

. . . for my sexy black shoes, even though they make my feet hurt.

. . . for potatoes, because no matter how you make them they are delicious.

. . . for Lauren and William, because they prove that Ubes and I are totally normal and not alone. And that it's perfectly acceptable for a grown man to be obsessed with a superhero.

. . . for Disneyland. Because hello??? It's freaking Disneyland.

. . . for my iPod. Because it helps me escape.

. . . for anyone still awake after reading this.

Peace out people. It's almost 8:00 pm on a Tuesday night and I think my babies need a before bed snack of pancakes. Yep. Pancakes!!   

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sorry you had suckage today April! Your post made me tear up (could possibly be a smidge hormonal - but still!)