Monday, November 30, 2009

Confession Vol. IX - The End of BloMoFo Edition

Well I did it. Thirty posts in thirty days. I'm such a bad ass.

And honestly, I loved it this year. Even though I was tired and some posts totally sucked and some got in just under the wire, I loved it. I loved talking to you guys every day. And I feel like this totally got me back into the swing of things as far as writing and being creative. And I need that. My soul needs that.

And I can't promise to continue posting every day because oh my holy heck you should see the pile of laundry and dust bunnies that are piling up around this joint. It's disgusting. CPS is going to send in a SWAT team to take my kids.

But I do want to post more. And I feel like the pressure is off to post something awesome each time. I said in the beginning, this blog is for me. It's a place for me to vent and celebrate and complain and praise and just get all the crap out of my head. I think I have done a pretty good job of staying true to me this month. If you don't want to read it, you don't have to.

But I appreciate all of you who do. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart!

And now, for your reading enjoyment, Confessional Monday!

(thunderous applause!)

Sometimes I still don't know the difference between "upload" and "download."

Furthermore, I never know if it's a forward slash or a back slash. I think it's a matter of perspective. I mean really, who is the person that decided leaning to the left is forward slash? Or is that one back slash? I really don't know. I think it's confusing and I can't be alone in this.

Last week I wrote a guest post for Uberman's secret blog. And it ROCKED. It was a work of art and I am super bummed I can't link it here.

If I could, I would eat cake for breakfast everyday. The only reason I don't is because it is socially unacceptable and I care too much about what other people think. My cake for breakfast aversion has absolutely nothing to do with the inappropriate amount of fat and calories I would consume each day resulting in my ass being the size of Tex-ass. My fear of being scrutinized by others is greater than my fear of being fat(ter).

In 5 days, Ubes and I are hosting our annual Christmas Hunko Drunko Bunco and there is no indication we are getting ready for a party whatsoever. And yet I am not worried. I have my head up my bumhole as usual.

I have decided to go back to school next semester. I am going to be a pretty kick ass English teacher in a few years.

Goodnight Dear Readers! Thank you for making my day!



9 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

NO WAY! You are going to be an amazing English Teacher. Come teach in my district so my kids can have you as a teacher, kay?

chandy said...

Woo hoo! You rock April! Good for you!

Marie said...

You are going to be an an awesome english teacher! Go you!!!

LOL @ 'Tex-ass'

The Maid said...

See, getting boogers on deposit slips has only assisted in preparing you for other disgusting papers that will inevitably be handed in to you.

:) Congrats on the decision...praying that by the time you are rocking the cap and gown, that there are jobs out there! Sigh.

(Can you anonymously post the guest post you posted? LOL)

Stacey said...

You're going back to school???!!! Oh wow. That's epic, my dear. EPIC. And I totally forgot everything else you said because I am that impressed.

Jessie said...

Yeah for going back to school! I'm so proud of you, girl. Good for you!

And I'm so going to miss you posting every day. It has been such a treat to read a new post from you every day! Love it!

Also, I promise not to sue you from any accidents that may ensue from Hunko Bunco Drunko. (I'm not sure that's grammatically correct, Professor.)

Trisha said...

Good luck going back to school. I personally know how tough it can be but - I have confidence in you! Go, April, Go!

kristen s said...

YAY APRIL!!! You're going back to school! This will require cute new back to school clothes and your very OWN school supplies! You will be the envy of EVERYONE on campus with your shiny new Trapper Keeper covered in puffy rainbow stickers :) ......Those are still 'in', right?

I'm so proud of you! You're going to kick some serious school ass!

Caitlin said...

You will be an AMAZING teacher! God, I am so excited for you!!!