Monday, October 5, 2009

High/Low - Neglected Blog Edition

Yeah, I know. I have totally been MIA. I would also like to acknowledge that I have skipped Monday Confessions two weeks in a row. Honestly I am running out of stuff to confess. I'm not much of a bad girl, you know?

It's been more than a week since my last post. I hate that because I love writing and getting all my thoughts out of my head. I had no time this week, plain and simple.

It's been a bit of a roller coaster lately. I'll talk about it more in a later post, but Ubes and I have been dealing with a lot. One thing I am grateful for is that we deal with "it" together. After 15 years of marriage, we have learned to grasp hands, plant our feet firmly, look into the eye of the storm and say "Bring it, Bitch." We know that as long as we commit to tackling it together, we'll make it through stronger, no matter the out come. Sometimes the out come sucks. And it helps that we can look at each other and say "Yeah, this sucks. But I am grateful I can enjoy this suckfest with you by my side." Isn't marriage the best?

So with that I say let's play some High/Low! Who's with me?? Oh shut up, we're doing it anyway.

Last week's Lows:

  • Short staffed at work. I left every day exhausted and in various stages of irritation.
  • Two sick babies. First Mac, then Boo. Took Mac to the doctor and the words "possible swine flu" were mentioned. Awesome.
  • Missed Katie's Sprinkle because of babies sick with possible swine flu.
  • Have a good friend who is suffering from a wounded heart. This makes my own heart heavy. Being co-dependent is a bitch. I think I'd rather have swine flu.

Last week's Highs:

  • Looks like the end of a long battle that has been going on since January. Huge sigh of relief.
  • Ubes has been working his hot little booty off and is finally starting to reap the benefits of his labors. Yay Ubes!! I am so proud of you and so thankful for all you are doing for your family!!
  • Won $37 at Bunco. Yeah baby. I am thinking of going pro. Because I am that good. And there's so much skill involved in this game.
  • Spent Saturday hanging with the lovely women of Ubes' family. Ubes cousin is getting married in just a few weeks and we threw her a lovely shower. It makes my heart smile to see her so happy. I love this woman, she is one of my most favorite people in the whole world. And my baby Boo is going to look so beautiful as her flower girl. I can't wait to share this day with the bride and groom!
  • We started planning our next Euro Trip with Dee and Schlampe! We are thinking next fall. Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin and Copenhagen. It's all in the beginning stages, but something to look forward to!

So that's it for now. I know this is a lame post, my apologies. I'm exhausted and not that interesting right now. Peace out.



7 comments:

Trisha said...

Hey - I enjoy knowing your highs and lows!

I hope the kiddos are feeling MUCH better and that the swine flu didn't hit you and Ubes!

Sue said...

Sorry the little ones were sick. I hope everyone is feeling better now.

I know what you mean about having to deal with stuff...Hubby and I are doing the same, and I am confident that if we face things together, it will all be right in the end.

By the way, I think you are always interesting!!

Take care and hang in there!

Stacey said...

Problems like that can be almost all-consuming and overwhelming, as some of us know all too well, but when you're holding the hand of the one who completes you in every way - the problems always appear a little smaller, don't they? You guys do marriage the right way, so bravo to you and to your Uber-Duber. Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You know that things are icky here, and I ACHE for you that it's icky with you, as well. And I'm not being preachy, but I keep telling myself that it's all for a reason...it just HAS to be, because the man in the sky just isn't mean. I think the reason for me was to bring me and my Uber closer. We also clasped hands, dug in our feet, and said to "bring it, Bitch". Only our "i" in Bitch was replaced with a "u", and then you'll know the name of the person who I'm speaking about. Ahem.

And you know what?? You always remind me to look at the sunny side, and that's what I've been doing. For a bad, there's always at least one good - usually more. My grandpa - who you met I think, and you know was one of the rockinest dudes on the planet - always used to say: "Don't sweat the small stuff...and then it's ALL small stuff". In other words, there's always a sunny side. The stuff that matters is what's huge, you know?! And the irritating and often-times hurtful other stuff, well, I guess it's only as bad as we let it be. At least that's what I've been telling myself lately. It can't last forever, so just weather the storm together and it'll be over soon. Anyway, this got all carried away and waaaaaaaay too long. You know I heart you, and I heart Ubes too, even though I never met him in person. Which is really odd, you know?

Sorry your babies are puny. Hope they feel better soon.

Smooch

WILLIAM said...

Hi.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Yes, you were missed Sunday. But I heard about a shower this weekend where the mom-to-be delivered Friday (4 weeks early) and was supposed to be released Sunday, but was told at 12:30 that she couldn't go home yet. And her shower was at 1:00. And they DIDN'T cancel it! They totally still got together and ate cake and played shower games. So I'm not complaining about the empty seats at my shower due to multiple illnesses. At least I got to be there!!!

DutchMac said...

Amsterdam? Did you say Amsterdam? If you make it here, you HAVE to let me know so we can meet up for a space coffee, I mean, latte and I can show you around the crazy, canal-laden city! And if you don't want to meet up but wouldn't mind some insider information on A'dam / European travels in this area, just ask Katie how much my Type A personality comes in handy. I'm more than willing to play Travel Advisor, so I'm offering to be used and abused as much as you'd like. Don't be shy about asking!

ps - You MUST schedule in a day to Brugges if you're in this neck of the woods. You'd regret it if you didn't. Just a tip. I'll shut up now.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優