It's been more than a week since my last post. I hate that because I love writing and getting all my thoughts out of my head. I had no time this week, plain and simple.
It's been a bit of a roller coaster lately. I'll talk about it more in a later post, but Ubes and I have been dealing with a lot. One thing I am grateful for is that we deal with "it" together. After 15 years of marriage, we have learned to grasp hands, plant our feet firmly, look into the eye of the storm and say "Bring it, Bitch." We know that as long as we commit to tackling it together, we'll make it through stronger, no matter the out come. Sometimes the out come sucks. And it helps that we can look at each other and say "Yeah, this sucks. But I am grateful I can enjoy this suckfest with you by my side." Isn't marriage the best?
So with that I say let's play some High/Low! Who's with me?? Oh shut up, we're doing it anyway.
Last week's Lows:
- Short staffed at work. I left every day exhausted and in various stages of irritation.
- Two sick babies. First Mac, then Boo. Took Mac to the doctor and the words "possible swine flu" were mentioned. Awesome.
- Missed Katie's Sprinkle because of babies sick with possible swine flu.
- Have a good friend who is suffering from a wounded heart. This makes my own heart heavy. Being co-dependent is a bitch. I think I'd rather have swine flu.
Last week's Highs:
- Looks like the end of a long battle that has been going on since January. Huge sigh of relief.
- Ubes has been working his hot little booty off and is finally starting to reap the benefits of his labors. Yay Ubes!! I am so proud of you and so thankful for all you are doing for your family!!
- Won $37 at Bunco. Yeah baby. I am thinking of going pro. Because I am that good. And there's so much skill involved in this game.
- Spent Saturday hanging with the lovely women of Ubes' family. Ubes cousin is getting married in just a few weeks and we threw her a lovely shower. It makes my heart smile to see her so happy. I love this woman, she is one of my most favorite people in the whole world. And my baby Boo is going to look so beautiful as her flower girl. I can't wait to share this day with the bride and groom!
- We started planning our next Euro Trip with Dee and Schlampe! We are thinking next fall. Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin and Copenhagen. It's all in the beginning stages, but something to look forward to!
So that's it for now. I know this is a lame post, my apologies. I'm exhausted and not that interesting right now. Peace out.