Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Confessional Vol. VIII - Not On A Monday Edition

Over the weekend I attended a bridal shower where they served lemon squares. I realized I have completely underestimated this fabulous little bar of deliciousness for my entire solid food eating lifetime.

On my drive to work one morning, I checked my lipstick in the mirror on the back of my sun visor. The morning light hit my face and neck just right, illuminating every pore, every freckle, every wrinkle . . . and ever hair. I found a one inch long hair growing out of that spot that is not your chin but not your neck, what is that called?? Your waddle? Anyhoo, there it was, a huge long hair. I was beyond horrified and immediately texted Ubes to ask why he never told me I had a long ugly hair growing from my waddle.

I carry tweezers in my car just for such occasions.

I ate a piece of Boo's left over birthday cake for breakfast this week. Twice.

I'm frustrated with my weight.

I'm putting my Christmas tree up while I pass out Halloween candy on Saturday night.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad I read this. This sounds like me. I have hair on my chin that I have to pluck and I think I have a mustache starting to grow. YUC. Is this part of aging? I must be aging at a rapid pace. I also eat junk for breakfast and I share with my kids (unless I already finished it).(I sometimes hide food from my kids so I don't have to share with them). I do share all my vegtables with them.:). The one thing that makes us different is that I won't be putting up my tree on Halloween but I will take DOWN my tree and decorations Christmas night!! please don't judge me).

chandy said...

Have you tried Orangette's French-Style Yogurt Cake with Lemon? So, so delish...

I've had that hair before too. I swear they grow overnight!

WILLIAM said...

I am sure your waddle is sexy.

Trisha said...

Those hairs are evil! And I don't think husbands can see them . . . some kind of blindness!

The Maid said...

My teenage son is upset that I have more facial hair than he does.
Sigh.

What's with the Halloween candy April? No pencils or raisins this year? HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Love you...hairy waddle or not!

The Maid

Sue said...

I just got my house back in order after our big Halloween shin-dig...I dread even thinking about Christmas decorations....

...do you think my family will notice if we just skip it this year?

Julie said...

About a year ago I had to go purchase the Sally Hansen facial hair removal kit to take care of problem areas. This was quite possibly the most embarrassing purchase I have ever made.