Saturday, September 19, 2009

Uninspired Complaining (Again)

I don't know what my deal is. I've lost my inspiration or something. I used to have all kinds of things to write about and lots of witty things to say, and now . . . nothing.

Something will happen and I will think "Oh I am totally blogging that." And then later, it just doesn't seem interesting enough to repeat. A lot of my problem is time. If I'm not working, I am trying to keep up with my laundry and housework, trying to correct homework and cook meals and shuttle kids around, trying to spend time with my husband who is working himself into the ground. I am completely overwhelmed by my lack of time. I am neglecting my friends and myself. There is so much going on, so much that I would rather not discuss here. So believe me, it's not you. It's me.

So I am going to a take a minute to vent. Because these are some really petty, minute things that are just plain pissing me off. Maybe I will feel better if I get all of it off my chest?? No?? Well, let's give it a whirl anyway.

1. My computer is a bitch. Ever since I had the blue screen of death last year it hasn't been the same. If I type too fast, boom! It freezes and then the blue screen comes back and I have to reboot. I seriously want to chuck it out the window.

2. Weight Watchers is advertising a special right now where you pay for a month and get a month free, plus free registration. That is a such a smokin' deal I decided to join again (don't ask me how many warm chocolate melting cakes I consumed on the cruise). Only problem is, this special is not available in my area. What. The. Flip?? THEN WHY ARE WE ADVERTISING IT IN MY AREA???? So People Of Weight Watchers: YOU SUCK and you can take your special and STICK IT. I'd rather be fat than sit through one of your boring meetings again in this lifetime. Got it?? (But if you just so happen to start allowing the special in Phoenix/Metro area, awesome! You are the best!)

3. If I hear the Black Eyed Peas tell me they think tonight's gonna be a good, good night one more time I am going to throw myself in front of a bus.

4. Mac has a friend who calls the house 8, 9, 10 times a day. He will call during dinner and I will tell him we are eating and Mac will have to call him back later. The flipping kid will call again in less than five minutes. The calls start at 8:00 in the morning on the weekends (most of the time Mac isn't even awake yet) and continue until clost to 9:00 at night (Mac goes to bed at 8:30). What the heck is the matter with this kid and where are his parents??

5. I was at Super Target today and they already have two aisles of Christmas stuff out. Seriously??? Can we please just slow down and take one month at a time? What is the rush?

Well, I just sat here staring out the window for about five minutes trying to think of more things to complain about. How sad is that? I will offset this post later this week by listing some things that are making me really happy. No need to continue wallowing in self pity. Despite everything that is going on right now, I have a good life. I am thankful.

7 comments:

~Nourish~ said...

You need another vacation, one where you stay home and everyone else leaves for a bit.

Stacey said...

You know what? I have a feeling...that tonight's gonna be a good night. That tonight's gonna be a good good night. I don't know why I feel that, I just do. Thought I would share.

You obviously know what a mental crackpot crybaby I am of late, so you certainly can't be any worse than I am. But you're so right. It is a good life. And we all know you are thankful. Even thankful people are allowed to bitch. It's in the rules.

Kristi said...

OK, the calling thing would drive me crazy! It's time that kid learned the meaning of the phrase, "Don't call us, we'll call you"!

But seriously, tonight IS gonna be a good, good night.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

What is up with the OCD calling friend? That's a little much...and Mac isn't even a GIRL. (Or wait...is this friend a girl? That would make sense, but I think you would have mentioned that.)

My phone hardly rings anymore and when it does, I tend to get annoyed. I can't imagine what it will be like in 10 years. Each kid is getting their own line. Do parents do that anymore, or is that what cell phones are for???

Karen R said...

You know me. I'm always about solutions.

1. Buy a Mac. I'm sure they have specials where you buy now and pay in a year.
2. Join Jenny Craig. WW depends solely on the lady doing the talking. And she's usually some crackpot whose parents cooked with lard. Not interested.
3. Call that little boy's mother. And tell her to tell her kid to stop calling the house so much. I had to do that to a kindergarten friend of Laurie's. He called and told Laurie he didn't want her talking to any boys. Kindergarten. His mother and I had a heart to heart and I told her that her kid wasn't welcome to call our house anymore. He's probably a 30 year old wife beater now.
4. And just buy a Christmas ornament. That way the displays won't continue to mock you.

LOL. LMAO. And tonight's going to be a good, good night. All the single ladies, all the single ladies....

The Maid said...

I seriously got in trouble for singing Beyonce and Snoop Dog tonight (different songs) around my son. Apparently 17 year old kids don't like it when their plentysomething mother is wanting to "Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot." (Don't look up the lyrics...I'm pretty sure CPS should be called just for me singing that.)

Dang, and I thought I was so cool.

My peeve right now: Everyone and their mother is losing weight right now but me, in fact, I'm pretty sure that Mac's friend's mom is leading weight watcher meetings all week long and that is why the kid goes unsupervised.

I have to admit I do love Black Eyed Pea...in all of their inappropriate glory..but I am thankful that the My Humps phase is over. (What in the heck is my milky milky cocoa puff?)

So...I'd better go, Walmart has their Valentines stuff out and if I don't get it before Thanksgiving...they might be out of the cool holographic prism-y ones.

Happy Hanukah! :)

Love you,
The Maid

DevilsHeaven said...

I was at Target too this weekend. And not only do they have Christmas stuff out already, they are STARTING TO TAKE DOWN the Holloween stuff. We aren't even in October yet!!!
And that kid, seriously, what is his issue? My mom would never have let me make calls at 8 am!!!