Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy

So yesterday my Confessions post was a bit emo. Yeah. I know. And William called me out on it. And I appreciate that, because that's what makes him a real friend. I had two negative posts in a row, and that is not like me. I don't want to go down that rode and turn this into a blahg.

So the night before, I took a stiff shot of Nyquil, got a good rest, put my big girl pants on in the morning and forced myself out of the house before 9:00 AM, even though it was my day off. And despite my itchy, sore throat and burning chest, I had a lovely day. I spent the whole day shopping with my MIL, just the two of us. I got home in time to pick the kids up at the bus stop and finish some laundry. I spent part of the evening talking on the phone with Ubes' cousin The Teacher, who is one of my most favorite people in the whole world.

I have many reasons to be thankful.

So here it is, to offset my negativity, a list of all the things that make me happy, in no particular order:

diet coke with vanilla
my girlfriends
salt and vinegar chips
Seinfeld at 10:30 PM
an empty hamper
a good book
Strongbow cider
a birthday card from Erin
William's blog
cake
1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets
new songs on my iPod
this website
Facebook
watching movies
Uberman
planning a party
a hot shower
Strozzapreti
Boo dancing
Diane's margaritas
Project Runway
talking to my Mom
planning a vacation
walking down Disneyland's Main Street
the smell of cookies baking
new shoes
a British accent
polka dots
the perfect salad (mixed greens, chicken, walnuts, Gorgonzola, and balsamic dressing)
accessories
shopping with my MIL
yoga pants
citrus scented lotion
watching my Junior play baseball
flip flops
argyle patterns
the smell of a new purse
an email from my Dad
a clean car
puppies
Mac laughing
green olives
text messages
plaid
craft stores
pens with purple ink
Flipping Out
bunco
phone calls from my FIL
Milk Duds
things that sparkle
peppermint
blog comments

(You like the last one? Subtle, aren't I?)

10 comments:

DevilsHeaven said...

You think Strong Bow is good, girl you need to have Magner's!!! THE BEST outside of Ireland.
Still looking for those damned chips from Aussie land, sea salt and balsamic vinegar!
Dang now I want some Magner's and chips!

Trisha said...

Love the list. It reminds me of the book called something like 10,000 Things to be Happy About. When times are tough I start a running list of the good things in my life.

chandy said...

Love, love, love People of Walmart. Except one day I'll probably find a picture of myself on there and not love it anymore....

Eh, who'm I kidding? It'll still be funny.

Stacey said...

I'm thankful for you!

Julie said...

I totally love the people of Wal Mart website. Genius. If you are looking for another great site that will make you feel good about yourself check out Don't judge My Hair

I'm always looking for a good laugh and a great way to waste time.

Leigh7880 said...

What is up with my blogger friends making me sing this morning?? The moment I saw your blog title, I've been doing a little dance in my head to "I'm happy today oh yes I'm happy today in Jesus Christ I'm happy today because he's taken all my sins away and that's why I'm happy todaayyyyyy." Good ol' VBS songs.

I'm happy you're happy!

Sue said...

VEry subtle indeed, that's why we all love you.

WILLIAM said...

I like the people of Walmart site as well. Thanks for the link. I come here for the fun and the Funny.

Any time I feel down I try to find a ricky gervais video..that dude is funny ...and he has a british accent.

Rock on April.

Jessie said...

Seriously, I have never see the People at Walmart site. What a great site! I can't wait to add that to my bloglines.

Anyways, I don't like it when April is down. It's like the sun isn't fully shinning.

Love you, girl.

jany said...

April, you have a sweet way of making even the crappiest events into hilarious recollections. Admirable, truly :)

P.S. The book the girl above me was talking about is by Barbara Ann Kipfer, 14,000 Things to be happy about, and it's sitting on my coffee table. Your list is much funnier. (esp the People of Walmart and craft stores.) :)