Thursday, September 3, 2009

Does This Bike Make My Butt Look Big?

So I was driving to work this morning, minding my own business, probably rocking out to some totally rad 80's music, when I saw a woman riding her bike on the side of the road. She was going at it hard, peddling her little heart out.

And I admired her for getting up early in the morning for a little refreshing exercise. I mean who doesn't need to do a little more of that, right? And I have mentioned to y'all that I really want a bike for my birthday. Which is in four days. If you are American, you probably have the day off because the government decided to celebrate my awesomeness by making Monday a holiday. You are welcome.

Anyhoo...

I thought it would be fun to get a bike. I can ride around the neighborhood with the kids, spending time with them and getting a little exercise myself. Cool, right? Killing two birds with one stone.

However, there was something I noticed while watching this woman cardio-kill herself. She was a . . . um . . . a healthy woman. You know? A fluffy girl, like me. And crouched in that serious bike riding position. Perched on that teeny-tiny little bike seat. And.... Wellllll...... Have you ever been seated in a squishy type chair, and then stood up and looked at the damage imprint your ass left behind? And you are shocked at how huge the . . . um . . . spread looks?

I don't think I want a bike anymore.

3 comments:

The Maid said...

I was totally not riding my bike in your neighborhood this morning. No matter what you think.

:)

And yes...the seat is still lodged up my ample ass.

The Maid

DevilsHeaven said...

LMAO. OMG, and here I was thinking of getting a bike too. I'll have to tie a jacket around my waist and make sure it hangs over the back, covering up the visual of a bike seat meeting a large seat.

Sue said...

Bikes are overrated. Cruises, on the other hand, are not.

Have a FANTASTIC time! I can't wait to hear all about it!