Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thank You Sue!


One of the things that has most surprised me about blogging is the connection I have made with so many people I would never have "met" if it weren't for this strange little cyber society we have here. I wish so many of you were my next door neighbors! My girl Sue was sweet enough to pass this Honest Scrap award on to me and I am so touched she thought I was worthy.
.
So here are the rules: I list ten absolutely true statements about me and then tag 10 other bloggers I find worthy.
The Truth...
.
1. I always wanted to be a dancer. Ballet, especially.
2. Because of the above (and out of habit), I often stand with my feet in third position. (My husband finds this hilarious.)
3. I'm a worrier. So much so that I often have to take medication to stop the painful spasms in my nervous tummy.
4. I am very compassionate and cry easily.
5. I want a bike for my birthday. (To which my middle child responded "What are you, ten?")
6. When I'm overwhelmed, I tend to bury my head like an ostrich. (Figuratively speaking.)
7. If I ever win the lottery, I am buying this purse and these shoes.
8. I never ever buy lottery tickets.
9. I wish my mom and dad lived closer.
10. I hate it that my babies are growing up.
.
Now the 10 people I choose to pass this on....
.
2. Stacey (because she has blogger's block)
4. Flintstones
5. Coffee Bean at Righteous Buzz (even though she is taking a break)
6. Becky (because she hasn't blogged in forev!)
8. Lisa (because she hasn't been blogging much either)
10. Kristi
.
For some reason my computer is being a douche and won't let me link some of you. But all of these fab ladies are linked to the right. Please go visit them, they are amazing and I am happy to call each one of them my friend. Whether I have met them or not!
.
Peace out people. I have a hot date with a load of laundry.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay! Thanks for giving me some much-needed blog fodder!

DUDE! I stand in 3rd position too but have NEVER admitted that before! We are soul sistas.

Jessie said...

I LOVE BALLET! I would have loved to be a ballerina, except for the ugly dancers feet which is a side-effect of those gorgeous point shoes.

And, oh, the Hermes Birkin Bag. And in GREEN! I love it.

Sue said...

I wished we lived closer too!

Leigh7880 said...

I am honored and touched to carry on the Honest Scrap Award (what the heck does that even mean?) torch. I will never forget that YOU chose ME (along with NINE others but I'm your favorite, right?) and I hope I don't let you down.

WILLIAM said...

What are you ten? Classic.

The Maid said...

Woohoo! ;)

You linked me. ;) And here I was gaining worry weight...seriously like 10 pounds...thinking that no one even missed the fact that I have negelected my blog...for like...ever.

So...thanks for thinking of me...and thanks for being a faithful provider of laughs for me...even though I don't see you...I feel you.
LOL

Now...let's go out somewhere...because I can totally drink hard cider with you and Ubes...and not be causing harm to a fetus. Mmmkay?

I won't say LOL again...cause I read once upon a time that it annoyed the crap out of you. :)

Happy August! ;)
The Maid

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I did my list! But seriously...$775 shoes? They MAKE $775 shoes?!?!?

Lisa J said...

Not only have I not been blogging much--I've also not been reading blogs much, either. I just noticed this. It's good to know that two people (you and my 11 yr. old) have missed my blogging. :) Thanks for sticking me on your list. Except now I have to think of 10 truths. Hmmmmm... and the truths can't be embellished...even a little?