Friday, August 7, 2009

Right Now

At this moment, I am sitting in a quiet house and enjoying the fact that I am the only one awake.

I am thinking about all the things I need to do, all the things I don't want to do, and all the things I wish I could do.

I am thinking of my family, my parents, my MIL and FIL, my BIL and SIL, and wondering why it has been such a hard year for all of us.

I am looking forward to the weekend (even though I work for a few hours on Saturday), spending time with my babies, celebrating Uberman's birthday with his family, making a dent in the pile of stuff I have to do.

I am anticipating my vacation, which is in 28 days and so desperately needed.

I am thankful that for this brief moment, my AC is not running.

Oh, I spoke to soon.

I am thankful for a new day, a brief moment of quiet time all to myself, the anticipation of the future, the small giggling voices that indicate I am no longer the only one awake, the almost ten hours I will work today and the almost 5 hours I will work tomorrow.

There are many, many things I wish I could change. But right now? I am thankful for what I have.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

It is so nice to have a moment of solitude to think of the blessings you have in your life!

Sue said...

Sometimes those quiet times are the best, aren't they?

Stacey said...

Sometimes the quiet times brings things in to perspective and makes the hard times seem a little easier.

Gladys said...

It's the little things that makes us happy.