Monday, August 17, 2009

Confessional Vol. III

Last week I had Subway for lunch. The $5 sub of the day was the BMT. I don't really like the BMT. I prefer the Spicy Italian. But when I got to the cash register . . . I lied and said it was the BMT. I know. I am not proud. But in all fairness, I didn't really out right lie. The guy at the cash register just assumed it was the sub of the day and I didn't correct him. I'm a naughty girl.

I totally wish I had a gay guy BFF.

I bought lottery tickets for the first time in my life on Saturday. Five Powerball and five scratchers. I didn't know how to do it, I had to ask the cashier at the Circle K. She looked at me like I was an idiot.

On Thursday it was raining as I drove to work. After I parked my car, I quickly grabbed my purse, phone, umbrella, diet coke with vanilla, iPod, etc. and bolted into the building to avoid getting wet. As I put my things away I realized I didn't have my car keys. I walked outside to see if I had left them in the car. I did indeed leave them in the car. In the ignition. And the car was still running. Awesome.

My oldest son's new teacher has eyes that look in two different directions. So when you are talking to her, she is not looking at you. With either eye. And when she is talking to you, you don't know where to look. And I am already feeling like my son got slighted this year because his teacher has this distracting "difference" that she has no control of. I am judging this woman because of this. I am totally going to hell.

My baby starts Kindergarten today. And I am just hoping I can wave goodbye to her and make it back to my car (which hopefully won't be running) before I fall into a blubbering, convulsing heap of crazy. Wish me luck. ***UPDATED*** Fail. Huge fail. Not only did I not even make it out of the Kindergarten area before I started bawling, but my MIL called as I was walking to my car and I got her crying hysterically too. Super.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Leaving the car running . . . too funny! I am sure it wasn't too funny for you at the time but on the blog - funny!

The teacher with the eyes that look in two directions - I worked with a woman like that. Very distracting. I finally had to ask her which eye to look at - she didn't mind my question (I think) and after that it was much easier to talk to her. I am sure your son will find out how to look at her in no time!

Gladys said...

I've done the car running thing only I remembered to lock the door.

for a different kind of girl said...

I actually have three gay guy BFFs. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up!

Also, I wouldn't have a clue what to do when buying lottery tickets, either. I have never once bought one. If I did, and I won, my gay guy BFFs might enjoy shopping with me far more than they do now!

Sue said...

Oh, I feel for you girlfriend! Getting the baby into school is a huge step. And not a fun one for Mommas.

BTW, I have a gay BFF...we met the very first day of 7th grade, way back in Sept. '76. How's that for old! Although he lives in Seattle now, we are still in close touch, talk on the phone very often, and visit each other several times a year. He even sends me anniversary cards in Sept. He's the best.

DevilsHeaven said...

OMG, at 170M how can you NOT buy a lotto ticket??
Too bad about the crying, but at least it means you still care enough to not just slow down so she can vault out of her car seat on to the curb at school.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I still want to cry when my high schooler goes to school. Even though she drives me nuts ;O)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I'm loving your confessionals. Your daily life is just so entertaining! Is it wrong that I laugh at the happenings in your life? You'll look back someday and laugh too. From Hell, of course, after lying to Subway Man and judging Lazy Eyes Teacher. Just sayin'.