Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Awkward

Me: So how was your first day?
Mac: Awesome.
Me: Are a lot of your friends in your class?
Mac: Yeah, there's Troy and Eric and Brandon and Sam. They're all cool.
Me: Any hot chicks?
Mac (narrowing his eyes): Um . . . I don't even know how to answer that, Mom.
Me: Why?
Mac: Because it's disgusting. And highly inappropriate.
Me: You'll change your mind.
Mac: Well can we discuss it then? Because right now, I'm pretty uncomfortable with this whole conversation.

It's a sad day when you discover your nine year old is more mature than you are...

4 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Wait until the grow boobs. He will change his answer.

DevilsHeaven said...

Seriously, he's NINE??? Let's hope he keeps this attiude well into college.

Trisha said...

Tee hee! Don't you just love nine year olds? I am glad that his first day went well.

Bogart in P Towne said...

I was with a friend whose son had just turned 13...we were watching a game and the son came running into the room, out of breath and very excited.

"Dad, I think my balls dropped"...

*Blink* *Blink*

Boys are never more mature than you.