Monday, July 13, 2009

Catching Up

It's the beginning of a new week and I am currently in between loads of laundry so let's take a moment to get caught up, shall we?

It's 9:09 PM and I am eating a baked potato for dinner. Smothered in butter, cheese and sour cream. It's like a little heart attack in a bowl and I am enjoying it thoroughly. But someone needs to revive Katie, I am pretty sure she just passed out from disapproval.

Ubes is still not home from work. Sigh. He texted me an hour ago and said he still probably has another couple of hours to go. I texted him back and asked if he was doing it with his boss because that was just not going to work for me. I mean if they are going to mess around, I personally think she should have to do his laundry too, don't you? It's only fair. But he assured me he is not because he really likes the way I fluff and fold. Wink wink. Plus he's too exhausted and she doesn't look cute today. Ha ha, Ubes! You're a funny guy.

We had such a great weekend. My mom and dad had the kids so we were kid free starting last Wednesday. It was awesome. We saw three movies (The Hangover - HILARIOUS; Bruno - Funny but with lots of wiener; and Public Enemies - I dozed off many times during this movie and did not miss a thing, it was AWFUL), had dinner with friends, made more plans for our cruise in September, and just over all enjoyed each other's company. But of course we missed our babies desperately. A quiet house is overrated.

We celebrated my FIL's birthday yesterday. Can I just tell you how lucky I am to have this amazing man in my life? He rescued me twice last week when my car battery died and it was 115 degrees outside. Then he drove up north with me to drop off the kids at my mom's since Ubes hates it when I drive up there alone. I had the best time talking to him during the drive up and back. It's funny how life turns out, you know? My mother was a single mom while I was growing up. The closest thing I had to a father was Mike Brady and Charles Ingalls. I was so envious of Half Pint and those Brady kids for their dads. And then when I was thirteen, my mom married the greatest guy in the world. And when I got married, Ubes' dad was part of the deal. So now here I am with two! God really gives you what you ask for, you know?

And speaking of getting what you ask for.... The Boy is growing increasingly uncomfortable each day as he anticipates my retaliation. This is the best part. Watching him squirm every day, wondering what I will do. I laugh as he checks his chair before he sits down, scans his desk before he starts his computer up, smells his water bottle before he takes a sip... It's hilarious. But it's coming... Soon he will start to receive some mail. At home and at work. Although I did conveniently have stuff sent to his neighbors "by accident." Nothing big. Just some reading material on how to live with erectile dysfunction. And maybe some other stuff.... And when he is off on Thursday, I may just tell his clients he had an allergic reaction to his Valtrex prescription.... We'll see...

Hell hath no fury like a woman punked...

4 comments:

DevilsHeaven said...

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear more!!!
I did hear a great practical joke recently. The practical joker went through a week's worth of "want ads" and called every single one and left the practical jokee's name and number saying they had/wanted what ever was listed. LOST CAT? He "found it!" 1972 van for sale? He'll BUY IT!
I guess for WEEKS the practical jokee received all kinds of calls at all hours of the day.
Pretty good.

Karen R said...

Love this blog. You should "Bing" retaliation and see what you get! After all, it is a search engine to help you make educated decisions.

Sue said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with a husband that works late. It totally doesn't work for me either....

Most of the time, my Hubby will come home and right after dinner he kicks on the laptop, sits ont he couch and starts working on one report or another. Between that, and his crackberry, he's not much company...I guess it's good that at least he is home.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I'm laughing so hard about the erectile dysfunction mail that I almost forgot to comment about the potato. Girl, this is Pregnant Katie. She sat on Healthy Katie weeks ago. Pregnant Katie was salivating at the description of the potato long before she saw Healthy Katie's name listed.

On that note, I think I'll go have another Chocolate Mint Cookie. They are...divine. Better than Thin Mints. The recipe is on my Meal Plan for this week. You will not regret making these little chocolatey circles of heaven.