Monday, June 22, 2009

Can't or Won't or Shouldn't

Seriously I don't know what's wrong with me. It's not that I don't want to write. It's not that I don't have stuff to talk about. Part of it is time. I seem to be running short these days. And part of it is energy, I seem to be running short on that, too. And part of it is just not wanting to share some things so publicly. I'll say it again for the five billionth time: I should have stayed anonymous.

So to get me back into the swing of things (I would like to post every day this week, no promises, we will see....), I am punking out and doing a meme. I saw this here, she's a cool chick, you'll like her.

I can't . . . bake a decent batch of brownies, stand the smell of cigarette smoke, leave Target or Costco without spending money, walk in my closet without stepping on something, go a day without checking Facebook.

I can . . . see through most people's BS, do the splits, remember the names of every teacher I have ever had (and I went to 14 different schools people), tell you what you need to hear, throw a heck of a party.

I won't . . . blow smoke up your bum, let you win because I feel sorry for you, ask for help unless I absolutely have to, watch Chuck Norris, Steven Segal or Jean Claude Van Damme movies, get on a plane without a little liquid courage - I don't care if my flight leaves at 6:00 AM, that's why God created mimosas.

I will . . . tell you if I think you are wrong, always have gum and Tylenol, forgive you if you ask, write a book, love Uberman until the day I die, say I am sorry, always want dessert.

I shouldn't . . . always eat dessert, procrastinate, drink so much diet coke, talk as much, check my email/Facebook/Twitter/blog comments a million times a day, make fat jokes at my own expense, care so much what certain people think, constantly remind others there are only 75 days left until "I'm on a boat and . . . it's going fast and . . ."

I should . . . eat more vegetables, exercise, watch less TV, get organized, let it go, make more time for myself, write more, get over it, stop trying to be in control, trust, accept people for who they are.

What about you? What can/will/should you do?

2 comments:

kristen s said...

Okay, here we go... condensed version:

I can't: gracefully accept a compliment...I always feel like if just say 'thank you', I'm agreeing with the compliment giver, which -- especially if it's a compliment about my appearance -- I usually don't.

I can: make my eyes go in different directions

I won't: watch 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here'. One word: BOYCOTT

I will: always want dessert too! Wonder Twins! :)

I shouldn't: make my eyes go different directions. It hurts, and if it hurts, I'm thinking it can't be very good for my eyes.... but it IS fun to do it at my kids and hear them say "GROSS, MOM!" so I keep doing it, even though one day I'll have to go to the ER and explain myself.

I should: get hypnotized to think healthy foods taste like candy bars. Do you think that could possibly really work? How cool would it be to eat carrot sticks and be just as excited as I would be to have a king sized Snickers all to myself?!

Intentionally Katie (3 Blondes and a Redhead) said...

1. Take the brownies out when the top starts cracking and the edges start pulling away from the side, even if the middle doesn't seem done.

2. Yes, you CAN throw a heck of a party. Your secret must be AWESOME FRIENDS!

3. And oh, how I wish you'd feel sorry for me in Scrabble now and again. I just can't keep up...