Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Best Friends. Ever.

Ubes and I hosted a party last night to celebrate our 15th anniversary. It was a mighty good time. And so I would just like to go on record and say, we seriously, without a doubt, hands down, have the BEST friends on the face of God's glorious green earth.

Here's why:

They bring extra tables and chairs.

They show up early and don't even blink an eyelash when I start barking orders to set up tables and unfold tablecloths and fill candy dishes. They know I am never prepared on time and they don't care.

They make the best salsa in the world. And share generously.

They ooh and aah and go on an on and on about my delicious pasta salad.

They bring amazing gifts (even when I asked them not to) like Sonic gift cards, a cake cutter shaped like a high heeled shoe, bottles of wine, flowers, picture frames, and lubricant. Yes I totally just said lubricant. Our friends are FUNNY!

They make amazing queso dip and bring extra chips to go with it. (Seriously Brooke, I think Ubes ate half of that crock pot by himself. He is still talking about it.)

They bring the most delicious margaritas you have ever tasted in your life. (Which unfortunately for Ubes did not mix well with all that queso.)

They make beautiful, fancy and delicious hand dipped chocolate strawberries that you almost don't want to eat because they are too pretty. Notice how I said almost. And after you eat a few of them and see everyone else eating them, you start to panic and want to hide them because you are totally that selfish.

They laugh and tease and joke and yell and woo hoo and get really really competitive when playing dice games. (And get really really mad when I tell them the first round was a "practice" round to help the beginners get comfortable with the game.)

They hose off the driveway and front steps after other guests throw up. (Hey, it's not really a party until someone ralphs, right?)

They break down tables and chairs and insist on helping with the clean up before they leave.

They always ask, "When is the next party?"

We are truly blessed to have such an amazing group of friends. Thank you for celebrating with us!

6 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

Kristin said...

It was FABULOUS and thanks for a great time! You guys definitely know how to put on a good show and I'm glad we could join your awesome friends!

The Maid said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!! :)

Glad to be on the guest list! :)

Thanks hostess and hoster. ;)

Happy Anniversary.

Like Proverbs says..."He who finds a wife, finds a good thing!"

(Martha Stewart so ripped that off from the Bible.)

:) The Maid

DevilsHeaven said...

They do sound fabu!!!
Congrats on the 15!!!!
And now it's 9 am and I want chips and several different kinds of dip. Thanks.......

Tully said...

I bet they feel lucky to have you as a friend too!

Congrats on the 15 years, what a wonderful achievement. :-)

kristen s said...

You throw one helluva partay Queen April! I would like to apologize ONE LAST TIME for showing up early like a complete and total LOSER. I will never again read an invitation quickly. YOU are a good friend for not batting an eyelash when your complete idiot friend and her poor long-suffering husband show up early to a party they *thought* they were late for. Holy Shnikeys, I'm a dummy! Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess! Even with my self-diagnosed Social Anxiety Disorder, I still had fun!