Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's the Haps?

It's the middle of the week and I am already exhausted. And I have to work Saturday so I get cheated out of a three day weekend. So not cool!

Here's how my week is going so far....

  • Satan got suspended. Good. The principal was very nice and supportive. And Ubes was on his best behavior considering he went in to talk to her ALONE. And I was all sweating and feeling sick that I wasn't there to keep him calm. And I was so afraid I was going to get a call to come bail him out of jail. But nope, he handled it like a pro. But to be honest, I am a little surprised we have not heard from Satan's parents. I am just saying that if the shoe was on the other foot and I was raising an angry, violent, demon child, I would certainly call the other parents and apologize. At least acknowledge that it happened and that I was doing what I could to keep it from happening again. My only hope is that they are just too embarrassed. I sleep better at night believing this is the reason.
  • Monday night I managed to obtain a second degree burn on my chin from . . . and I am so embarrassed to tell you this . . . but know that you are my closest and dearest friends and will not judge me . . . ahem . . . pizza cheese. I know, right? What a totally embarrassing injury for the fluffy girl. The only thing worse I guess could have been death by choking on a chicken wing. That is so not the way I want to go out. Can you just hear all the people clucking at the funeral? "I told her she needed to lose some weight and eventually it would damage her health and look what happened. Such a shame. And she had such a pretty face."
  • Tomorrow Ubes and I celebrate 15 years of total and legal chaos. If I had to do it all over again, I would still totally pick him instead of all those other guys who begged me.
  • Only 107 days until my cruise to Jamaica Mexico! (And I know there are people out there reading this going "Why does she think Jamaica is in Mexico?") I am totally thinking of adding a widget counting down the days. Because I know how much I love it when people keep reminding me of their upcoming awesome kid free vacations!

Peace out Peeps!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary to Queen and Ubes!!

And seriously, get this! My dad got a 2nd degree burn on his chin from pizza cheese. Seriously!! It was when he was a teenager and it was the first time he ever ate it. So, that brings me to my question: what's your excuse?

Satan should have been expelled and forced to move from the state. I am not a forgiving person when it comes to kiddos.

And please please email me a HINT about Ubes business venture. I'm literally dying a slow death of suspense.

for a different kind of girl said...

Happy anniversary to you!

Like you, I'm going to go with the idea that perhaps the kids parents are embarrassed and are dealing with it as they see fit, which better be in teaching their kid how to better deal with his peers.

Sue said...

Happy early anniversary April! That is an awesome milestone to reach.

I'm so glad that the demon child got suspended, that's the least that should have happened, and kudos for Ubes for handling it so well.

I'm sure you're going to love Jamexico. We were there on a cruise a couple of years ago. LOVED it! If you have time, go to Dunns River Falls. It's very, very cool. It's in Ocho Rios, and it's a blast. We took a catamaran there and it was the most fun I had on the whole cruise.

DevilsHeaven said...

15 years, awesome!!!! Congrats!!!
Expelled? Is that all? No madatory counseling? Anger management????
WTF???
I burned myself this morning on the side of my neck with the curling iron. But pizza cheese? Dang!!! :-D