Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twitterfied

Okay peeps, I am officially freaking out. It's Twitter. Twitter is freaking me out!!

I joined almost a year ago. (I totally had to look up when I joined because I have OCD and I didn't want to lie to you and it was July 11th) And I've been a sporadic user since then. Didn't really see what the big deal was. I thought it was okay, but I wasn't fully on board, you know?

So in the past few months everything has been all about Twitter. Have you noticed? Everyone is talking about Twitter. Twitter this and Twitter that. So I started using it more. Because it's important to me to be on the cutting edge, ya know?

But here's the truth. Other than my own tweets, I have no idea what the hell I am doing. I have no idea how to respond to other people's tweets. Or how to respond to other people responding to my tweets. Do people want me to respond to their tweets? Is it okay to twit back?? What are the rules here dude? And what if you are following someone kind of famous that you don't know in person? If you twit back to one of their tweets are you borderline stalking them? Can it be used as evidence in court? Anyone know??

And I have followers. People I don't even know. Mostly people who read this blog. But still. And now I am following a few people. And searching for other people to follow but not really sure I want to commit. It seems like a pretty big step. It's keeping me up at night, peeps. I'm so stressed out.

And why God why are so many people following Ryan Freaking Seacrest?? Is he really that interesting?? I certainly don't think so. So yeah. I said it. I am taking a stand right here and now with all of you as my witnesses. I will NOT be a follower of Ryan Seacrest! If I have to choose an employee of the E network with an undetermined sexuality, it's going to be Joel McHale, thankyouverymuch.

My girl Jessica tweeted (Twittered? Twitted? Tweetered?) last week "Wow, Twitter makes the world a little bit smaller."

True dat Jess. I for one am not sure I am ready for that.

5 comments:

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

How funny that you blogged about this. I literally just responded to your tweet (is that what it's really called?) because I laughed out loud. That was my first response and I have no idea if it worked.

I'm following your comments so I can get some answers from your readers. I'm so twittin' clueless!

Heather said...

Twitter is from satan, kinda like Walmart and Andy's frozen custard turtles...

DevilsHeaven said...

Are people honestly that interesting in Twitter that you need to "follow" them? Really? I get annoyed by people on face book up dating their status to "watching tv." I don't CARE!
ahem

Sue said...

I'm kind of on the fence about Twitter. I've been on it for a couple of months too, but am not a frequent user. I'm finding that people are either really into FB or Twitter, but not both. It just takes too much time. I think I'm leaning towards sticking with FB. More interaction, the ability to post pics, etc.

And, (I just thinking out loud here)...it probably can be used in court..."Queen April was taken into custoday this morning after her tweets were made public..." does NOT have a good ring to it...

Roland Hulme said...

I am your Twitter buddy! And you rock at tweeting... twittering... whatever. You know what I mean.

Later, Tweeps.