Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Love...

... gray days, thunderstorms and the smell of rain.

... curling up on the couch with a good book, hot chocolate and a soft oversize blanket.

... a hot shower, Egyptian cotton sheets and the soothing hum of the ceiling fan while I sleep.

... the smell of coffee brewing, big breakfasts and the sound of laughter and clinking dishes.

... packing for a trip, walking through the airport and watching my passport get stamped.

... talking on the phone, text messages and emails just because.

... laughing with my girlfriends, venting to my mom, listening to my MIL tell a story, seeing the world through the eyes of my daughter. Being a girl.

... spending an afternoon watching movies with Uberman, sharing a beer out of the same bottle, the feel of his hand on my arm as I sleep.

... a sink void of dishes, a son who unloads the dishwasher (without being asked) and another who takes out the trash (without complaining more than once).

... daily phone calls from my FIL, the sound of my dad's laugh and knowing no matter what, both of them are always excited to hear from me.

... margaritas on the rocks with salt, diet coke with vanilla (duh), a pitcher of Pimms, and raspberry lemonade.

... salt and vinegar chips, cheese and crackers, green olives and chips with dip.

... warm cookies, cupcakes, and chocolate with caramel.

... British period films, Shirley Temple movies, Little House reruns and almost anything on BBC.

... a new lipstick, pink eye shadow and the smell of Burberry London perfume.

... hot dates with my husband, dinner with friends, a house full of people.

... the feeling of accomplishment, succeeding after stepping out of my comfort zone, the payoff as a result of persistence.

... my life. Good and bad, surprising or consistent, perfection or chaos. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this post April! You have a way with words.

Trisha said...

Such an uplifting post! It made me start to think about everything I love about my life. Just in time to help counteract my life stresses!

DevilsHeaven said...

Seriously, you and I have almost the same food addictions. I'm telling you, make that vanilla in your coke vanilla flavored vodka...
Now I'm hungry.
And happy about all the things in my life.

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I love your thought-streams through this post! You either had a REALLY good day yesterday, or a horrible day and needed to focus on the best things in life. Either way, this post will be a good pick-me-up for you on a future bad day!!!

sincerelykate said...

great, positive post!