- Yesterday was Take Your Kid to Work Day. I brought Junior. And can I just tell you how awesome my kid is? I mean really super awesome. We also had an open house sort of thing in the office yesterday, so by the end of the day my Junior was mixing with clients, asking if they were enjoying themselves, if he could get them anything else, and how comfortable did they feel with their financial portfolios in these difficult economic times. He rocked the house. And I am pretty sure he is getting promoted over me.
- Last night Ubes and I watched The Reader. Oh people. My girl Kate Winslet was so supremely fabulous in this film. I heart her. And the movie was so good. I read the book many years ago, so I was thankful it was not fresh in my brain and allowed me to appreciate the movie as a separate entity. I'll be honest with you, when I read the book I am not sure why it didn't gross me out that a thirty something year old woman was having an affair with a fifteen year old boy. And it only briefly creeped me out in the movie. But I could have done without the full on shlonger shots of the dude. Ick. Sidenote: I was relaying this bit of opinion to my awesome coworker and she laughed at me. "The male anatomy grosses you out and you are a married woman? Really?" And so I had to clarify, it is not the male anatomy. It was this male's anatomy. Hello young German kid, it's called "manscaping." Look into it.
- Tried something totally new and yummy this week. Jalapeno lemonade. I know, sounds disgusting. But it was dee-lish. It's a home made concoction made up by my coworker The Boy. And if there was any left I would mail it to each and every one of you.
- I've been in a funk about my wardrobe lately. But this week I was searching my disgusting pig sty of a closet for some different shoes to wear to work and I found the cutest pair I completely forgot I had. I love how shoes make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I was so happy I actually Twittered about it. Now if I could just find that million dollars I forgot about...
- And finally, I am asking for advice. I need a new book to read. Any ideas or suggestions? And please, nothing with vampires! (I'm lookin' at you Stacey!)
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!