Monday, March 16, 2009

Stacey's Survey

It's Monday, I have the day off, my kids are up north at my mom's for the week (I know!!) and I am all alone in my house. It is awesome. So I am not wasting time on the computer today, but I did want to take a minute to participate in my girl Stacey's tag today. (But Stacey, please keep in mind I am still deliberating over the Beyonce thing. I've known you for a million years and your mom is one of my most favorite people in the whole world, so you have that going for you. Odds are I can overlook your love for Beyonce and continue our friendship. I'll let you know.)

25 Favorites - you can only pick one! This is so hard for me.... You have no idea....

1. Favorite movie - This is so difficult because I really need to break it down by genre. So I guess I have to pick one that I love and will always watch if it's on TV no matter if it already started (I have issues about coming in during the middle of something, I have to watch it from start to finish) and I own the DVD and watch it several times during the year.... I am gonna go with You've Got Mail. (I would also like to note that it was very difficult to choose between this and Love Actually. Love Actually is so dear to my heart but I really only watch it at Christmas because it is a Christmas movie and I have issues about watching movies that take place at Christmas time when it is not in fact Christmas. You've Got Mail covers three seasons so I think it is the safer choice. OCD much?? I think we have the answer to that now don't we.)

2. Favorite Singer - right now it is Josh Kelley. LOVE him. Love him love him love him.

3. Song - at this moment it is Buck Cherry's Don't Go Away.

4. Regular TV Show - This is so hard.... Lost. No wait, The Office. No, let's stick with Lost.

5. Reality TV Show - The Amazing Race.

6. Game - Scattergories.

7. Author/Book - Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

8. Magazine - People.

9. Animal - Dogs. We are thinking about getting a puppy!

10. Color - Again, difficult. Depends on what we are talking about. Probably gonna have to go with red.

11. Season - Spring.

12. Weather - I love a gray day.

13. Flower - Stargazer Lillies.

14. Holiday - Christmas.

15. Recreational Activity - Reading.

16. School - Really don't care. Let's say ASU for Uberman.

17. Ice Cream - Cake Batter with Brownies from Cold Stone. Heaven in a little cup I tell ya!!

18. Candy Bar - Twix

19. Restaurant - Too many to choose from. Let's go with North.

20. Cereal - Smart Start.

21. Beverage - Diet Coke with Vanilla

22. Snack - Saltine Crackers.

23. Car - Pontiac Solstice. But I feel like I have to defend my choice. I chose it because it's cute and affordable. If we are talking about reaching for the stars, I'd pick an Aston Martin DBS. Convertible, of course.

24. City - London England. Hands down, most fabulous city. Ever.

25. Vacation Destination - with kids, Disneyland. Without, Europe.

So thank you Stacey! And Happy Monday, lovers!

6 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I remember everyone talking about Love Actually last Christmas and I have never seen that movie. Each time I would come across it on TV during the holidays, it was nearly over, so it's on my list of DVDs to rent this coming winter.

But it's too spring-like now to even think about winter. Besides, my mind is buzzing with jealousy over your child-free week!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I love many of your choices, girlfriend. North is DELISH!

Sue said...

I totally agree with your choice of London. Been there 3 times, and I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry. I don't know what to say to excuse my action. My love of Beyonce. But really - do you choose the one you love, or does love choose you? Do you ever love someone who may be all wrong for you? Yes. Do you love a person who many may warn you against? Yes. But it's still love.

But - I may love you more. I may be able to rise above my odd obsession for her, if, and ONLY if I know that I have your total and complete forgiveness.

And by the way - even though I love you, I believe I may almost hate you this week. No kids? FOR A WEEK? It would be too much to process...too much to hope for. And yet, it's your reality.

Karen R said...

About the puppy. Every kid deserves a dog growing up. However, get one only if you truly understand what you're in for: after the first week, the kids will refuse to walk the dog ("he won't listen to me!") so it will be your job for the rest of the dog's life - possibly 17 years. Initially, you might get help picking up the poop in the yard, but again, it will end up being your job (17 years...). Puppies cry at night and chew your shoes during the day. Or the couch that you just recovered. Be prepared to have stuff destroyed. Nothing is more disgusting than dog pee/poop on your carpet. Get a steam cleaner. You'll need it. Find a good doggie day camp so that you can continue going to Disneyland and Europe. You'll need to pay someone to watch your dog. No more Happy Hour after work - you have to get home and let the dog out so he can pee. Having a dog is like having a baby that never grows up. Someone has to take care of it and play with it every day - rain or shine. It'll end up being you.

Kristi said...

ummm.....Ooookay on the above comment.

I just wanted to tell you that we just got a puppy 3 weeks ago (who is now 11 weeks) and it has been awesome! She is the best dog we've ever had. IMHO it's important for kids to grow up with pets (no matter how much "work") and know a dog's unconditional love. I was dreading whining, potty training, blah, blah, blah, but you know what? It hasn't been hard at all! And my kids are 4 & 6 and TOTALLY HIGH MAINTENANCE! Uh, maybe that's why the puppy seems so easy in comparison?! lol