Monday, March 2, 2009

One Year Ago...

Princess themed 1st Birthday cake

Today is my Blogiversary. Or as we say in the South West, birthday-oh de blog-oh.
.
One year ago today I wrote this magical work of art and I haven't looked back. Well, actually that is not true. I have looked back a lot. But I have never regretted starting the blog.
.
I think I have finally settled into a good place, a place where I am comfortable just being me, regardless of who is reading (Hi Mrs. B! I love you!). Because this is me. I am not pretending to be someone different. My life is not perfect. I am not perfect. But, I started this blog as a tool to get my thoughts and ideas and emotions out of my head so it wouldn't explode. And I feel I have been very successful.
.
So thanks for sharing this journey with me. I can't wait to see where it takes us in the future.
.
So you may be wondering how I have been celebrating this momentous occasion. Are you sure you can handle it? Okay, twist my arm.
.
Get this, first I went to work. (Which kind of sucks a little bit lately. I'm trying to get up the courage to talk to you about it.) Then, I picked up the kids and hit the grocery store (where I ran into the The Maid's Butler). I know, how could I handle this much fun in one day, right? Finally I came home, unpacked the groceries, unloaded the dishwasher, made dinner for everyone else and ate 8 green olives straight from the jar. Then I wanted to be sick. Now I am washing it down with a tall cold glass of diet ginger ale. In a few minutes I will take a shower and then go to bed.
.
I know dudes. It's a wonder why I don't have a throng of paparazzi outside waiting for me. I am such a rock star.
.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I think you're a rockstar. How else would I get to pretend that we live near each other and I got to see you daily, if not for your blog?

DevilsHeaven said...

A whole year! Congrats! You've made my year brighter that's for sure! :-)

WILLIAM said...

Congrats.

I celebrate my bloggiversary with green olive too.

Trisha said...

Congratulations on an entire year of blogging! Thank you for your posts and for sharing with us - your loyal readers!

Sara Jane said...

Congrats on your blogavirsary!

Thanks for always sharing with us.

xo

whyidrink said...

I want to say to all you, "You are Welcome". It has been quite an experience. Isn't she amazing!

Bogart in P Towne said...

Congrats...I have enjoyed reading...and your comments over at mine.

kristen s said...

April you are TOTALLY a rock star!!! Thank you for starting your blog and giving me something entertaining to read and ignore my housework with. Oh, and, um... can I have a piece of your cake? It looks REALLY good and few things in life make me happier than cake :)