Friday, March 20, 2009

False Prophets

I'm running the gamut of emotions right now. Hurt, frustrated, shocked, outraged, incredulous. Super pissed off.

I want to confront. To yell and scream and question the size of someone's huevos. I want to defend. To justify and explain. I want to get in my two cents worth. I want to have the last word.

I want to open someone's eyes and make him feel small. Knock him off of his high horse. Deflate his great big giant ego so he can see he's nothing but a piece of garbage dressed in a fancy bag.

I despise people who judge. People who are hypocritical. People who are so quick to point out the faults of others while trying to hide who they really are.

Especially when these people claim to be followers of Christ. Use their Christianity to tear down others. Hide their gossip within fake expressions of concern.

Who do you think you are? You don't know us. You don't know anything about our lives. You don't know that we work hard to provide for our family, that our children are our first priority. You don't know the love that fills this house. You don't know what's in our hearts.

How dare you. How dare you look down your nose at us. How dare you spew your disgusting lies. How dare you forget where you came from. How dare you think you are any better than anyone else. You are the reason people mock Christianity. You are the reason so many others think Christians are nothing but ignorant, hateful, hypocritical nut jobs.

You don't know us. And you obviously don't know the same God we know. Our God loves. Our God provides strength. Our God forgives. Our God allows us to sleep at night, to look ourselves in the mirror in the morning, and to look each other in the eye every day with no secrets and no regrets.

So you just keep hiding behind your pulpit. Keep vomiting your outrageous amounts of self righteous crap. Keep deceiving people. Keep pretending to be something you are not. We know who you are. A liar. And a coward.

And more importantly, we know who we are. And we are not ashamed.

12 comments:

The Fat Girl said...

Good Rant! Its more importaint that you know who you are and that your not ashamed!

DutchMac said...

Yea for you! I don't know who pissed you off or what they did, but they've obviously mistaken you for someone who will take crap lying down. Never put a wife-and-mother's family in the firing line. As my dad is fond of saying, 'It would be safer to piss off Superman.'

Keep up the fight for your family, Mama Bear. They're worth it (she said, trying not to sound too L'Oreal commerical-ish).

Gladys said...

Hey don't hold back...tell us how you REALLY feel.

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

Wow, girl. I wish I knew the details behind this rant! Hope it helped to vent.

Sue said...

Amen Sister! I wish I knew the details, but whoever made you feel like that doesn't have a clue who he's dealing with. You let um have it April!

chandy said...

Hell hath no fury, eh?

I think there are just too many cool people in this world to waste time with people who suck. Sorry you've had an encounter with one that sucks so much :(

Stacey said...

Ok, who said it? I'll kick their ass.

Chris H said...

Well I hope you said all that to the pillick who pissed you off!

Kristi said...

I love this.

The Maid said...

I was really hoping that you weren't talking about me...and then I saw "pulpit" and I realized I haven't been in any pulpits and breathed a sigh of relief.

Crap...what if "pulpit" was used metaphorically?

:) The Maid...

PS - Because I walk around with such huge logs in my own eyes, I highly doubt it was me...cuz I can't see anything. Let me know! :) LOL

Bogart in P Towne said...

Whew...I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure I was kosher.

Nice.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優