Friday, February 13, 2009

More Tales from the Land of Psycho

So get this. Today I took Junior to get his cast off. I know, yay! Right?? Nope.

Here's how it all went down. His appointment was at 8:00 this morning. We arrived a few minutes early, checked in and waited just a moment before they called us back to the room to wait for the doctor. Where we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. I heard him talking to the patient in the room to the left of us. And then the patient in the room on the right. And the patient across the hall. Oh did I forget to tell you Junior was the FIRST patient called back? No? Yeah, well HE WAS. So by 9:00, I am getting pissed. And I think I had a right to be, don't you? We had been waiting for AN HOUR.

So I go up to the receptionist. Who had her back to me. And was eating a mondo breakfast burrito. And wasn't happy I interrupted her breakfast. I asked as nicely as I could manage "Do you know if he's going to be much longer? Because I need to have my daughter to school in 15 minutes." To which she responded "Right. Your daughter is next actually." To which I responded "Really? Because my son is the patient and his appointment was at 8:00." To which she swallowed her mouthful of burrito and said "He'll be right in."

Less than 30 seconds after I sat back down in the room, the doctor came in, completely avoiding eye contact with me. He looked at Junior's updated x-rays, examined his finger, whistled for a minute and then said he didn't feel comfortable releasing Junior to play baseball and wants him to wear the splint two more weeks. He then sent us to "casting" to get fitted for another splint, taking up 20 more minutes of my time. I so did not like him at this point. By the time we got out of there, Boo was 30 minutes late for school, Junior was worried about getting dropped from his team and I wanted to rip someone's head off.

My day just deteriorated from there. It was a full day of angry people at work, things not going right at work, bad traffic on the way home, blah blah blah. And then tonight I check my email and find out Mac did not get the coach we requested. The same coach he has played with for the last three years. What the heck? How could this happen? Was there a mix-up? Or did the coach just not pick him? And it's too late for me to call the coach and say "Hey. What's your problem? How dare you not pick my kid for your stupid team?? Your team will SUCK this year because of it. So there."

I did send him a very nice email asking if there was a mix-up with the draft and if there was anything we could do. But still.

Now I am all sad and ticked off and wondering what is wrong with me again. Why am I so tense lately? I have no patience and I am being so oversensitive. It is so not like me. And I know it. And I don't like feeling this way. What if I have a tumor? And it's making me mean? It's a mean tumor?

Or worse... What if I really am . . . gulp . . . peri-menopausal?? (Shudder.)

It's impossible, right?? I'm too young, right??? I mean people don't go through it in their thirties. Right? RIGHT???

I'm going to bed. With any luck I won't wake up. Oh relax. That was a joke.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Babe, eat some bloody chocolate and chill out!
Take a pregnancy test too... cos you sound all hormonal! Just kidding!
Peri-menopause? Might be! Or just a overworked Mum who is trying to juggle too bloody much!
As I said earlier.. eat chocolate and chill out!
If you are on a diet... eat chocolate then go for a run!

Chris H said...

Far out I was helpful wasn't I??? Sorry!

Trisha said...

What a day! So sorry but, I think a nice nap will solve it all!

Gladys said...

You may be going through some hormone issues or maybe it's just you letting life get to you.

There is so much going on in "life" right now. You have young kids, a career and well honestly that right there is enough to drive you batshit crazy.

Go to the doctor make sure it's not physical. If it's not then reassess your life. It's the only way sweetie that you will get through it and over it.

Bonnie said...

Doesn't sound perimenopausal to me. I think you need some chocolate and a break!

The Maid said...

I vote for what Gladys said..."Batshit crazy."
Not because I think you are, but just because that is my new favorite phrase...now who can I use it on?