Monday, February 23, 2009

The Award for Most Forgetful Goes To...

Did y'all watch the Oscars last night? Yeah, you did?

BECAUSE I DIDN'T!!

What the heck man? Can you believe this? I forgot. Like it completely slipped my mind. Until 10:30 last night when I overheard something from a TV in another room of the house. I missed it. I missed the red carpet arrivals, the dresses, Hugh Jackman and my BFF Kate Winslet winning for Best Actress.

I'm a disgrace.

The Oscars has been my Superbowl since I was in the third grade. I remember begging my mom to let me stay up to watch until the very last award. I would also spend my allowance on the People magazine the following week so I could see the pictures. I have only missed it one other time in all these years, and that was five years ago, the night my sister in law gave birth to my nephew Mr. Toad. The one night I asked her not to go into labor. And then boom. I thought she was kidding when she called us from the hospital. I still think she did it on purpose. And I have never let her forget it either.

But last night? Last night I had no excuse. I was catching up on TiVo with Uberman, so at least it wasn't a wasted evening (like waiting for the birth of some kid). But still.

Kate's never gonna want to be my BFF now...

7 comments:

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

Oh man, by the title of this post, I thought you just forgot to pick a kid up from soccer practice because you were drinking it up at some bar. YOU missed the OSCARS? For shame...

DevilsHeaven said...

I don't watch the Oscars. Although I did catch Jackman, oh the yum factor there! and Miss Cruz's speech, which cracked me up about the fainting, but seriously, you can see all the dresses and what-not on the web the next day. Save those 3-4 hours of your life!

Trisha said...

Shame, shame, shame! Actually - I never watch but I do love those pictures in the paper and magazines afterwards!

sincerelykate said...

i saw them this year and have to say they were the best they've been in ages. very good show and definitely lots of gorgeous gowns!

kristen s said...

That is one GIANT bummer, April. Kate Winslet was in dire need of your help too... she SERIOUSLY needed to reapply her lipstick before they did the Best Actress award. They flashed the camera on her when they began the category and I was just waiting for it to move to her again, thinking FOR SURE some stylist would have gasped in horror as they ran to freshen her up. But NO. She went up there PRACTICALLY NAKED LIPPED -- and she still looked good -- but not nearly as good as she should have. If you had been watching, maybe you could have sent her some telepathic message or something. I tried, but she apparently didn't hear me.

And don't you think she should totally fire that makeup artist? Wasn't long-wearing lip color invented for occasions such as these? I bet Angelina Jolie sabotaged her. What a wench.

Sue said...

"The Oscars has been my Superbowl since I was in the third grade..."

That's exactly how I feel! I am so bummed for you! And, sadly, I have to tell you it was one of the best shows in quite some time. Wolverine was wonderful, the production numbers were great, and it was pretty classy overall.

I'll send you a reminder before next year's show...promise.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優