Sunday, January 4, 2009

Where Have I Been??

I know! Can you even believe it? The FOURTH day into the new year and I have not blogged yet?? What the H? The truth is, I have been busy busy. And sick. I've had a terrible cold since Christmas day. And I am still trying to catch up on the mess that the holidays left behind. There are decorations everywhere. Gifts we received have still not been put away. And the kids' rooms. Oh. Dear. Lord. Let's just say if CPS came knocking, my babies would be in foster care. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the little one in a while.....

Anyhoots, how were your holidays? Yeah? Good? Did you make any resolutions for the new year? I am still deciding on mine. There are the usuals: lose weight, get organized, be more patient with the kids, develop a British accent. You know, the same stuff every year. This year I really want to finish the things I start. I love that sense of accomplishment, that feeling of pride when you do what you say you will. I want to follow through.

I'm a little nervous about what this year will bring. Last year was not the worst year, but there were some moments I could have done without. I've talked to a lot of people who have said last year was the best of their lives. I would love to have a year like that. But I am definitely thankful for the year I had, it could have been so much worse. God has blessed me and my family. We are lucky.

One of the best things I did last year was start this blog. I have met so many amazing people and made actual friendships I never would have had without this. I am thankful for all the people who stop by and take up their precious time reading my word vomit when I am sure they have so many more important things to do. I appreciate you, and I appreciate this space I have created to sort out my thoughts, complain about what bugs me and celebrate the millions of happy moments I am blessed with in life. This is a good thing. And I am looking forward to sharing the uncertainty of a new year with all of you.

Happy New Year!!

8 comments:

Gladys said...

Glad your feeling better. As for the mess. Baby steps dear. Clean a little while, blog a little while rinse and repeat.

Oh and I checked everyday to see if you had posted and was disappointed when you hadn't.

Glad your back.

Sue said...

I'm so glad you are back! I hope you had a blast at Disneyland.

By the way, the trifle is a new favorite. It was a huge hit for Christmas dessert, and I felt like a rock star when I brought it out. I scored big points with that, and I have you to thank!

Coffee Bean said...

YAY! You are back!

WILLIAM said...

Mmmmm...word vomit...Wait until you get the dry heaves.

The Maid said...

Glad SOMEONE got to go to Disneyland, bummed that it wasn't MOI.
:)

See you at bunco girlie! :)

The Maid

chandy said...

Welcome back! Where are the Disney pics you promised?

Chris H said...

I can understand wanting to lose weight.. but aquire a British Accent? That one's got me stumped!

Roland Hulme said...

Happy New Year to you, too! British accents are overrated, according to my wife (who's had to put up with mine for five years.)