Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mood Swings

So I have been really moody lately. Really. No. I mean REALLY. Like one minute I am laughing and everything is just peachy keen jelly bean. And the next minute I am crying hysterically. The ugly cry. The one where there is wet stuff coming out of various holes in your face and you can't catch your breath. And then the next moment I am so angry I want to rip someone's head off. Seriously. People are afraid of me.

So what is my deal?

Well, I just googled my symptoms. And according to the super reliable medical info one can receive via internet search, I am either manic, bipolar or peri-menopausal.

Let me just tell you something right now. I am 37. Freshly 37. And if I go to a doctor and he or she tells me I am on the fringe of menopause, people better freaking duck and cover. They may as well lie to me and start prescribing the happy pills because there is no way I am accepting that diagnosis three WHOLE ENTIRE YEARS before I turn 40. No way. Not a chance. Not even funny.

Depression? Mental illness? Bring it on. But leave my ovaries and estrogen levels alone.

That is all.

14 comments:

chandy said...

Or you could be pregnant... ;)

Bonnie said...

I was going to say the same thing...

Practically Joe said...

I'm no doctor ... but ...
If you quit peeling onions your symptoms may disappear.

April said...

Let's just kill this evil rumor right now. Not pregnant!! Not even close. We've got Fort Knox going on for birth control.

But Joe, the onion thing is definitely a possibility. You should look into a medical profession if that whole awesome restaurant thing doesn't work out. :)

WILLIAM said...

I like Joe's diagnosis...and I will offer you mine...you are a woman.

Please pay me my copay.

Jessie said...

Man, you were upstaged by your commentators... Bummer.

I vote for neither of those mental illnesses. I've seen what those illnesses do to some women in my life and it's scary.

But, how about I'll pray for you? And maybe read the Bible. It tends to emotionally stabilize me.

Karen R said...

Your hormone levels are out of whack. Could be brought on by stress. If you have to supplement, think "bio-identical." Don't take that chemical crap. And I just saw 9 Months on TV last night. The Pill is 97% effective. And according to Hugh Grant that leaves "3% bloody ineffective."

The Maid said...

Karens comment....LOL
One of my favorite movies! ;)

I think you need a sister for Boo.

Just sayin'
B

Lisa J said...

Hey April--this is funny because I just went with Adrie to her 5th grade maturation class. Which is a whole 'nother story in itself for a whole 'nother time. I'd already filled her in a while ago about the goods of being a girl, but after the class she asked me, "Mom, who has it worse growing up: girls or boys?" To which I promptly answered, "Definitely girls. Wanna know why? Two words: MOOD. SWINGS."

I'm feeling for you, my good friend. Maybe you're just sad because you want to be up here in the 15 degree weather? Ahhhh, just trying to make you laugh a little. Hope things get better soon.

DevilsHeaven said...

PMS?! Because that totally sounds like me when I'm PMSing. Without the salt, cheese and chocolate cravings.

Chris H said...

Don't talk to me about the bloody menopause! Hot flushes plague my life! I hope you are depressed, I really do! (said in a nice way of course)

Coffee Bean said...

Oh my gosh. I just got caught up here. LOVED the post on running! ROFLMAO!!!

gigglepotamus said...

I don't like William's comment.

And whatever you have, I think I have it, too.

Seriously, you'll snap out of it- it's probably nothing a pint of Ben & Jerry's can't cure... (it works for me, at least)

ed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.