Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Kid Who Thinks Spaghetti is Gross

Somewhere along the line I started this really bad habit of getting my boys a sandwich from Subway when they have to pack a lunch for a field trip. And somewhere between work and home last night, I completely forgot about Mac's field trip today.

So last night at 8:00, I found myself going to Subway in my pajamas getting the kid his lunch.

Me: Mac, what kind of sandwich do you want?
Mac: The usual.
Me: Salami and pepperoni?
Mac: Yes, with pepper jack cheese.
Me: You want anything else on it?
Mac: Jalapenos, banana peppers and spicy mustard.
Me: Good Lord. I am so glad I am not riding home on that bus with you.
Mac (with a twinkle in his eye): Yeah, those poor people are never gonna know what hit 'em.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! He has a stomach made of steel. I have heartburn just thinking about that sandwich. :) You're a good mommy!

notyourplainjane said...

This is so funny. Bless the child who sits next to him on the way home!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Wow that's a spicy little sandwich! I used to like Subway. Then they put one by where I used to work and I od'd on it. Now it turns my stomach to think of it.

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

What a cool, yet annoying and possibly expensive, tradition you've started. Your kids will remember that small thing for years to come, girlfriend!

The Fat Girl said...

Haha thats so funny, you have got to love that kid

WILLIAM said...

My guess is that the people at the Subway thought you were pregnant ordering a sandwich like that in your PJs at 8 at night.

DutchMac said...

I look forward to these days. Right now I just wish I could stop my preschooler from picking his nose and eating it.

DevilsHeaven said...

That made my mouth burn just reading it! WOW.
Did you pack him some TUMS too???

kristen s said...

Yikes! If he's brave enough to eat that stuff as a kid, he's going to be one dangerous man to sit by when he's all grown up! God bless his future wife ;)

Sincerely,
A woman who is married to a man who eats sandwiches like that...

Bogart in P Towne said...

He and I could hang...no doubt!