Sunday, November 30, 2008

What I Learned This Month

Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo. Ubes has affectionately referred to it as That BloMoFo. Regardless, I have enjoyed participating. And out of thirty days there have been only a few times, maybe two or three, where I have griped about having to post. I've had a great time.

I learned a few things this month, so I thought my final post of NaBloPoMo should be sharing these lessons with you.
  1. It's best when I forget other people are reading this blog and I stick to writing for me. I didn't start this blog to impress and entertain. My thoughts come easier when I am not thinking about how you guys will respond.
  2. You guys will read this stuff even if it sucks. Thank you.
  3. The posts I thought would get the most response didn't, and the posts I thought were the worst were the ones you talked about most.
  4. Lots of people are looking up Daniel Craig on the Google and end up here. To you, I say welcome. But hands off, he's mine.
  5. I have lots of readers in New Zealand. You Kiwis have a sick sense of humor. Or should I say humour? I like to be accommodating to my international guests.
  6. It's impossible to keep up with commenting on all of your blogs when trying to post on your own everyday. I may not have been commenting, but I was still reading. (Congrats on the 3 day Sue! You are AWESOME!! Chris, your table and chairs look lovely on your morning patio!)
  7. I will probably not continue to post everyday, especially this month due to the holidays. I have so much stuff to do.
  8. It's a small world. I need to be very careful with my blog topics. When the girl at Sonic who serves you your diet coke with vanilla every morning asks if you are the April who's always blogging about diet coke with vanilla from Sonic, consider that a warning.
  9. I really should have stayed anonymous. OMG how I should have stayed anonymous. Why didn't I stay anonymous? And the only thing keeping me from starting another blog ANONYMOUSLY is the fact that I have no time. None. Not one spare second left in the day. I am wasting time writing this right now. Argh!!
  10. It's amazing that you can actually feel a connection with people you have never met, yet you can still feel like you know these people, you would welcome them into your homes, etc. There are so many of you I would love to meet and share some laughs.

So thanks to all of you, faithful readers, friends, thanks for stopping by each day, for commenting, for sharing this BloMoFo with me. It's been a journey.

11 comments:

Trisha said...

It sounds like Ubes would get along well with my Hubby! I think he would get a chuckle out of BloMoFo - if he ever paid attention to my blogging!

I am with you on the not always commenting. Some days I just want to read and stay to myself. That doesn't mean I don't read!

Thanks for the month of posts!

notyourplainjane said...

I'm with you on this. I feel the same way! I'm so glad that I found your site this month! It's been so fun reading!

The Fat Girl said...

Im a kiwi and i have loved reading your blog.

Sue said...

Thanks April! Your shout out to me was very, very appreciated!

I've been enjoying your daily postings so much. And like you, I may not comment all of the time, but I have been keeping up on the reading.

fattylumpa said...

Love Ubes' abbrev of Nablopomo.
Also love that you have adopted Ubes because it is so perfect!

I am so onboard with everything on this list, I don't even know where to start. I can't believe the Sonic girl recognized you - you are amazing and famous!!
I've been terrible commenting lately, too.

Three cheers for anonymity as well as that connection with people you've never met ;) Here's lookin at you, kid.

fattylumpa said...

Also, please advise recipe of said wonder mix. It sounds...wonderful...

Kristi said...

OMG That scares the crapola out of me about the Sonic girl! I am one who has managed to stay anon, and I see someone show up on my Google Analytics who lives in my very small town - and it's not me! Freaks me right the hell out!

Thanks for a great month of posts - I always love reading your thoughts on your blog and in my comments section! Hope we get to meet one day.

The Fat Girl said...

Darling April of course i knew it wasn't an insult. Thanks for the comment it made my carppy day much much better. Check back soon

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

Did Sonic girl seriously find you? I can't tell if you're kidding. That would freak me out. This town is NOT that small.

I'll miss your daily posts but have honestly had a little trouble keeping up. Now I know what people think about ME posting daily! Cuz my posts aren't short!!!

DevilsHeaven said...

OMG, the sonic girl? Really? That is a dang hoot. But yes, kinda scary too.
I'm going to have withdrawal! No daily April???????
EEE-GAAAAAAW!!!!

Bogart in P Towne said...

Thankfully my Bogart name has kept me out of the press...