Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Q & A (Still No T & A)

Are y'all ready for round two of our Q & A session? Well too bad, because it's happening right now!!

Devil's Heaven asks:

Would you be upset if I told you F and I filled up our gas tank for $2.03? And that earlier today I saw it for $1.96?

How can I be upset over that which I can not control? I am just so thankful for $2.45 per gallon!! And hopefully it will just keep going lower. How sick is it that we think less than $2.00 a gallon is such a smokin' deal?

What exactly do you do?

I'm a professional killer.

If I come visit my snowbird mother, can we get together for margaritas?

Heck yeah we can! Just let me know when.

Lisa asks:

When we were in third and fourth grade and used to play Little House on the Prairie during recess, why did you always make me be Mary so you could be Laura? (*paraphrasing*)

Well Lisa, it is because I was such a selfish child, used to getting what I wanted. And Mary was always the nicer one, just like you were always nicer one of the two of us. So I thought you made a better Mary. I actually should have been Nellie instead of Laura. :)

Roland asks:

What makes you the Queen? Please explain your royal lineage.

There was a vote and I won. That is how I became Queen. I know, it's not the same as it is in your homeland but that's how it works here in the Land of April. But do not fear, I come from a long line of Royals. One of my aunts is a former Miss Rhode Island. Another one was Miss Arizona Teenager. My uncle M was voted Dream Boy for his high school in 1949. So obviously I am more than qualified for this job.

Blogging Barbie asks:

If you were stranded on an island, what one beauty product would you take?

Oh this is so hard, BB. You have no idea how much I have thought about this. If I had to choose just one, it would have to be my Neutrogena moisturizer. I know that is a totally boring answer, but I think it is the one thing I can't do without. But it was a toss up between that and chapstick. If it had to be a makeup item, it would be mascara (I am still a huge fan of Maybelline Great Lash) or MAC lip pencil in Spice. I would also try to sneak in my Satsuma body lotion from the Body Shop.

Karen R. asks:

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

We will have dinner at Uberman's mom's house. And then my awesome mother is taking the kids for the rest of the weekend. Woo Hoo!! But yes, I have already talked to Stacey and I would love to meet with you crazy girls for lunch while you are in town! I miss you!!

Sue asks:

When you were a little princess, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be writer. I still want to be a writer. And I wanted to be a teacher, specifically high school English teacher. I still want to do that too.

What was your favorite subject in High School?

I loved English and any Literature class. I was really fortunate to go to an amazing public school with awesome teachers who encouraged my desire to write and my love for reading. My sophomore year I took an elective History of England class that I loved. I would sit and day dream about going there some day, seeing all of the places we were reading about. When Uberman and I went to England two years ago, it was a dream come true. I felt a connection there that I cannot explain. And I was so happy for the class I had taken so many years before. I really felt that I got so much more out of our trip because I was familiar with what we were seeing. What can I say? I am a huge dork. I can't wait to go back.

What is your all time favorite song and why?

I honestly don't have an all time favorite song. There are songs that I love with all my heart and I can listen to them over and over and never get sick of them. They are songs that remind me of someone or a specific time in my life, and it sounds cheesy, but they have become a part of me. Here they are:

At Last - Etta James
When You Say Nothing At All - (My preferred versions are artists Ronan Keating and Allison Krause)
In This Life - Collin Raye
Like A Stone - Audioslave
Dream On - Aerosmith
Groovy Kind Of Love - Phil Collins
Sway - Michael Buble

Well guys, there you have it. Everything you wanted to know about the Queen. I hope you aren't disappointed.

6 comments:

DevilsHeaven said...

LOL, your answer to my gas "question" is so Zen like. :-)

Trisha said...

I like your answers but the whole - what do you do answer is freaking me out a bit. You can't find out where I live, can you?

Accidental housewife said...

Hey girl have you ever read "Sweet Potato Queens Book Of Love" by Jill Conner Brown? Well if not then do so because she tells you all you have to do is declare yourself a Queen. Also I think it's great that you were always Laura.

kristen s said...

Ha! April, you and I would not have played together well as children. I was the boss and assigned everyone parts just like you did. My friends and I used to play The Big Valley (for those of you "younguns" out there, just google it). My friend, Emily, had short hair, so I always made her be the old lady mom. I was the ONLY one allowed to be the lovely Audra. NO EXCEPTIONS. I remember her asking why she never got to be Audra and I was like, "Duh... you have short hair....do you even have to ask?" It made so much sense to me back then.

Stacey said...

I got gas today for $1.82. Now are you a bit jealous???

Saw that my mummy asked you a question. I'm so proud of her little skills. And did you see her hot momma picture she's added for when she comments?? I just wish she's start a blog of her own. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Lisa J said...

Actually, April, I'm just happy you didn't ever make me be Albert. :)